Scraping not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scraping not working?

For the last 3 or 4 days, all the iso files I've transferred to my MS have failed to scrape. By that I mean they do not show up on the poster wall with either the correct or an incorrect poster. The files also do not show under DMS Videos. It is as though the system is not even attempting to scrape the information for the files.Prior to that time, it was working fine, firmware 1035.

Originally posted by tbrown25 View Post
    For the last 3 or 4 days, all the iso files I've transferred to my MS have failed to scrape. By that I mean they do not show up on the poster wall with either the correct or an incorrect poster. The files also do not show under DMS Videos. It is as though the system is not even attempting to scrape the information for the files.Prior to that time, it was working fine, firmware 1035.
    So I've have the same problem and me an ting are having a discussion about this exact problem , ting asked me to send a log file of my DMS so the software people can find a posible solution. I not heard back yet since I submitted the log files.....

Comment

If you are having the same problem I had, where the MS seems to search through all your iso files, but after a while says "your media library is empty" - see my earlier replies to post "1.0.3.5 to 1.0.3.7 upgrade observations. Other users made suggestions that worked for them, but unfortunately not for me. It's a bit drastic, but what fixed it for me was to reload version 1.0.3.1 and do a factory reset. I was then able to reload 1.0.3.5 and scraping was working again. Good luck, but if you do this you will have to re-register again to dvdfab, google etc, but after trying everything else this is what fixed it for me. By the way, doing a factory reset from versions 1.0.3.5 and 1.0.3.7 did not fix it.
      Last edited by SaturnV; 02-27-2019, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I believe I would just wait for the new v2000 code https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...lopment-update which should be out in late March/early April. I can't duplicate this problem with 1037 or 1038, but I do not doubt what you all are reporting.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          I believe I would just wait for the new v2000 code https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...lopment-update which should be out in late March/early April. I can't duplicate this problem with 1037 or 1038, but I do not doubt what you all are reporting.
          Signals, where do we get 1038?

Comment

jimczyz as Signals noted I would wait out for the new V2000 development, it sounds worth the wait! But if you want to try V1038 you can try and get it here.....Signals post in getting it.

Topic: 'DVDfab 11 Movie Server NOT Found'......... Page 5, Reply # 3

Comment

I actually was very happy with v1010 until recently it started to put a cursor on the screen making it unusable. Had to keep restarting it. So I updated and that stopped but it just constantly show my library as empty no matter what I tried. I figured what could it hurt.

Comment

And back to v1010.

Comment

just an update.... ting looked at my log files and got back to me regarding this problem, he told me

(I have checked your log, and find your DMS is in the status of not login, so please try to relogin it, you can find this in Settinsg/Member )

so i checked this out and in the settings/member it was telling me that i was already logged on so i then unlogged my self and re-registered changing my password in the process

when i restarted the DMS i updated the library and all the scraping seemed ok apart from a few iffy posters that i changed manually...

there are still scraping issues but hopefully these will be sorted with the new v2000 code release

Comment

Upgraded from 1035 to 1037 then did a database rebuild. This, in a way, fixed my problem. While the scrapping was much poorer (I would estimate about 25% of my files did not scrape at all and a few had very wrong posters), at least the missing file now appeared under DMS videos allowing me to manually add the correct information..

Comment

Working...
                    X