Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Media library is empty only 1010 shows my library.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambrld View Post
    Thanks Ting
    lambrld…….I sent you a PM...…..

Comment

I am having the same issue and lost all the movie titles from the library. OTA update is always failing. I am currently running version 2.1.1 (20180704113219) and SDK version 1.0.3.1
      Can someone please share the solution to fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanky View Post
        I am having the same issue and lost all the movie titles from the library. OTA update is always failing. I am currently running version 2.1.1 (20180704113219) and SDK version 1.0.3.1
        Shanky, are you trying to upgrade to V2.0.0.3? You should try upgrading to this version. It doesn't sound like you are there if you are on V1.0.3.1. Don't recall a OTA past V1.0.3.1 so not sure how that is failing if you already have it. To make short of all this V2.0.0.3 should take care of your missing movie and titles.

Comment

Also follow the instructions ting posted to clean data before you up grade.

Comment

Ok, I have the same problem with no poster wall on version 1031 and then I read and followed this thread that stated that updating to a newer version via USB should resolve it.

So I followed the instructions... cleared the data (for the 1xxx app) and copied 2020.zip til a USB stick, renamed it to update.zip and was ready to update the media server...
            While coping to the USB stick my media server looked like it rebooted and now wants me to select language (English), network (ethernet, dhcp, connects fine) and then Activate the movie server.... Here I get into trouble!
            When I select activate via DVDFab 10 it tried for a few seconds and the reeboots and asks for language, network and activate all over again. I do have DVDFab 10 up and running on the PC. Tried with DVDFab 11 too, same thing.
            When I select activate manually and enter the email and password it just says that email or password is wrong, try again. I have tried many times and double checked spelling etc. everything should be ok.....

So what do I do now ? I can't get longer that to the activate point so I can't get to the USB firmware update or use the move server at all.
            Hope someone can help!

Best regards
            Peter

Comment

Try this and post the results:
              1. Turn off the power switch on the DMS
              2. Remove the usb stick
              3. If you have drives on a NAS, disconnect them and anything else plugged into USB
              4. Turn on the power switch, wait for boot
              5. Insert the usb stick: if update.zip is in the root, it should run
                1. If not, run it manually
              6. If the update runs, proceed with setup.
              7. After setup, reboot the DMS, let it rebuild Library from the internal drive
              8. Reconnect NAS if present, rebuild Library
              Let us know the result.

For others that may read this in the future, use caution when following advice in old threads, it may be outdated. Starting a new thread is a better approach.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Power off the DMS
                Removing everything on USB
                I have some NAS's running but not configured on the DMS - the NAS's are used for other things, not movies
                DMS power on
                Boots and displays "Welcome to the DVDFab Movie Server" - "Please select a language to continue"
                Inserts the USB stick (tried both on the USB2 and 3 port), nothing happens (at least on the TV screen). It's still waiting for a language selection and Ok.

Same happen if I power up with the USB stick inserted.
                Also tried to remove the network cable, same thing.

How do I run manually ?

As said I get stuck entering my email & password on the 3rd part in the setup as it doesn't accept my email or password.

ooooooh my fault!!!

I entered my password wrong. I entered the digit 1 instead of the small letter l (looks alike in my password doc that stores all my passwords). When I enter the right password I get up and running in version 1031 again.

But it doesn't looks like DMS updates from the UBS stick by it self.
                Then I tried to go to the Settings->About and press USB Update.
                Then it asks for "System Upgrade" and I can select 3 things... "sata1", "sdb1" or "sdcard" - yes I got a HDD inside DMS. Before I do more stupid things I want to ask if this is ok and what I should select.

Another question... Should I unzip the zipfile to the USB stick or is my trouble because I got a couple of other files on the stick ?

Comment

Have to agree with Signals with using outdated threads......you are better off starting a new thread with better results.

Try using a USB stick with just the V2.0.2.0 update on it as 'update.zip' it should see that and automatically start installing for you after it sees the update and ask you if you want to proceed with the update. You shouldn't have any other options like 'sata1', 'sdb1' or 'sdcard1'. That is a indicator that the disk is not properly named. And don't unzip the file, that will not work either. Personally have had better luck using the white USB 2.0 than the blue USB 3.0 for updates.

Comment

One more trying to help, thank you!

Well all looks like I first tried what you're describing.
                    1) Got the update2020.zip from here https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...out-usb-update
                    2) Renamed update2020.zip to update.zip
                    3) Deleted all on my USB stick and copied update.zip to the root of the stick.
                    4) Inserted the USB stick to the USB2 port and powered up the dms: Nothing happen other than it booted version 1031.
                    5) Tried removing the USB stick and then inserting it again while the dms was running: Now a pop-up comes on the screen displaying update.zip and asks if I want to open it. Pressing Ok just opens an empty editor or viewer (can't remember it just now) maybe it was a html or xml editor or viewer.
                    6) Exited the editor/viewer and went to "USB Update" button in the Settings & About sektion and pressed it: As written before that just gave me a selection choice of 'sata1', 'sdb1' or 'sdcard1'. I didn't try either of them as it looked wrong to me.
                    7) Gave up and wrote my previous note in this thread.

Looks like my dms don't see my update.zip as an app update. Think I will try to download it again and use another stick when I get the time.

Btw. the official page (I guess it's the official) has another 'how to update': https://www.dvdfab.cn/tips/flash-fir...vie-server.htm and as you can see above I also tried that.

If anyone got a clue to me on how to get it to work, please let me know. I must be doing something wrong.

Comment

From the looks of it DK-User it doesn't look like you are doing anything wrong. It is kind of pointing to the USB stick you are trying to use. By all rights what you have done should have worked. I would check the MD checksum file on the disk. If you haven't done so yet, google 'WinMD5Free V1.20' and use that utility program to make sure what you have is working. The MD checksum to input is on the same page you got the V2.0.2.0.zip from that you noted above. After you know your update should work, do everything you noted you did in your above post but with a new/different USB stick.

Not sure about the official page on 'how to update'. Never had do an update with a toothpick (reset)..

After putting the USB stick in USB2.0, it's going to say 'USB device detected' 'Open'' - 'Cancel'. I always hit Cancel (manually do it myself) and go over to 'Settings - 'About' - 'USB Update'....under 'System Update'....you should see something like 'UsbA1' as your top tier choice...that's the file you want to click on...all the other files you see 'sata1, sdb1, and sdcard1 should be underneath/below 'UsbA1'... can't think of anything else....maybe someone else can add more to help...…...Good Luck!
                      Last edited by Down2Earth; 02-11-2020, 07:49 PM.

Comment

My server is on v1010 and the update message says v2020 ota. Check if yours does also.

Comment

Thanks everyone for taking the time and try to help me.

No my server didn't show v2020 via the OTA update or when rebooted / turned on.
                          And it dosn't update just by putting the usb stick in. It only pops up an USB detected : Open / Close. When I open I can see the update.zip and if I say open it, the dms just opens a html viewer and display nothing at all.

But I think I now got it updated.... I when to the Settings->About->USB update when I get the selection of sata1, sbd1 and sdcard. Trying the USB update button with or without the usb stick pointed to that my usb device is sbd1 as it disappears when the usb stick wasn't inserted. So I tried to select sbd1 and it started to update something, booted and updated even more.
                          After a while it booted again and I had to select language, network and enter email/password (this gave me some hope that I was on the right track).
                          After that it started "Updating the database on the DVDFab Movie Server...." "Please do not power off" and it has been working for at least 15 minutes now, so I will leave it on and see if it ends at some point.

Comment

An update.
                            After 2-3 hours I skipped the "Updating the database on the DVDFab Movie Server...." (there was a skip button). and then it says all updated.
                            And yes, the version is 2020 now and I got my posterwall back again, yah! Of cause I have to correct some movies on the wall but that was expected.

But I'm not that happy with 2020. Some Blu-ray rips (full disk iso's) freezes in the menus, that was not an issue on 1010, at least not on my 3D version of Cars3.
                            But let me play a little with this 2020 version, it's too early for me to conclude if I'm happy with it or not. If I can't get the Blu-ray menus to work or find other problems I will start a new thread.

Comment

Working...
                            X