Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Media library is empty only 1010 shows my library.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it is fixed now, got my library back now

Comment

I have same issue, I have factory reset, when I try to do Ota Update says failed to check update. when i try and reset to 1.0.1.0 it fails to work, when I update library I See it scanning but library remains empty, im running 1.0.3.1. I can manually search folders and play movies but library wont sow them. I unhooked the MS about a year ago and just recently hooked it up to start using again thinking all the buggs would be worked out by now. and as my online movie collection has grown immensly I wanted to purchase some of the newwer software I Don't own yet and convert to MS But seems I Own a paper weight as well. I would say it has to be on the Manufacturing side as I Havent used mine and its the past updates that have caused the isssue so one can only hope there is a solid fix for this isssue.

Comment

Originally posted by impend69 View Post
        I have same issue, I have factory reset, when I try to do Ota Update says failed to check update. when i try and reset to 1.0.1.0 it fails to work, when I update library I See it scanning but library remains empty, im running 1.0.3.1. I can manually search folders and play movies but library wont sow them. I unhooked the MS about a year ago and just recently hooked it up to start using again thinking all the buggs would be worked out by now. and as my online movie collection has grown immensly I wanted to purchase some of the newwer software I Don't own yet and convert to MS But seems I Own a paper weight as well. I would say it has to be on the Manufacturing side as I Havent used mine and its the past updates that have caused the isssue so one can only hope there is a solid fix for this isssue.
        Please send your log to me, so I can check what happen on your box for this version.

Dear DMS Users, In an effort to improve the DMS user experience, especially when a problem appears, the developers have added some controls and features to make it

Comment

This still doesn't work. did the OTA update from 1010 to 1031 and now have blank library as other have reported but also no movie files are listed in the DMS folder. Back to 1010, at least that seems to be stable. Such a pity, out if the box almost a year ago now this unit performed fault less. Now with any firmware update it just becomes useless.
          Last edited by ozmale1@gmail.com; 04-09-2019, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmale1@gmail.com View Post
            Now with any firmware update it just becomes useless.
            The kicker is there were no updates and still DMS units where infiltrated some 'how'.....yes the question is how? I was able to rescan my library one time, after the so called fix......now I'm still not able to get new movies to show up. I'm using 1010, everything else works and intact except rescanning my HDD for new movies. Was told sending in a log for 1010 would be of no help. So is this a way to make everyone have to download V2. Was going to anyway but I have no choice now since my unit is semi-broke.

Comment

i tried the update ..now i see only 1 movie in my library..what an improvement!.. now we are all back to 1010 where we started... unbelievable development.

Comment

The problem is either nothing to do with our units and somewhere in the DMS Server of Factory Reset does not actually erase and start from scratch.

Comment

Seems like nothing will update no matter what fw version you're on. Sounds like the server needs to be reset to me. They are on Chinese holiday for remainder of the week if I remember correctly.

Comment

I must be one of the lucky ones. I'm at 1010 and still see everything. Even new movies I've added in the last few days.

Comment

ok, sorry for the current problem now, so please don't try different version and method, I have no time to track what the problem of the old version in a mess of code (I have explain this in developmenet update), just give me some time to finish the new version.

Thanks.

Comment

I agree, the server must be wonky as my movies folder is entirely empty now. I tried using a new HD and saving a bunch of movies in ISO format, using the naming format guidelines, and despite trying everything including the "1010" update in the latest firmware version, movie library is still empty.

It would be a nice feature if DMS would at least detect and display movie poster jpegs in the "video" section, despite not being able to recognize the movies for including in the "movies" section. In fact, it would be even better if DMS provided a way to edit and store the movie info on the HD instead of on a server, assuming that is what DMS does. Then we wouldn't be dependent on the server being maintained.

Comment

Just updated my library and nothing showing up. Running 1.0.31. version 2.1.1, all the ISO and meta files are still on the HDD but DMS does not show them. Not sure what to do.Help would be appreciated.

Comment

I would follow tings suggestion and wait until version 2 comes out which hopefully will be soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post

Please send your log to me, so I can check what happen on your box for this version.

https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...og-submissions
                              Sent logs using feedback option in DMS.

I have been able to flash 1010 using usb and media wall and server works, I again tried 1030, 1031,1035 ect none of with I can get to work. Do am I to just stick to 1010 until the next release? Not sure what changed as I was running 1031 for awhile then everything just stopped. I also noticed several paths would self create in library like instead of mnt/sata/sata1 I would get something like mnt/sbt/sbt1 and or /dvdfab. Not sure what that's all about. I deleted all oaths and left only mnt/sata/sata1/dvdfab

Comment

Update***
                                I found the only way to have a movie wall is with 1010, however not all movies show up and once in awhile new movies get recognized. I was up to several hundred movies when I had to do a restart because after a few hours Kobe is wont play anymore unless I do, all but 10 movies disappeared from the wall. And MKV movies do not appear at all. I've been forced to add ES file explorer to DMS in order to watch find and watch them.

Comment

Working...
                                X