X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found the best setup for the DVDFab Movie Server

I found the best setup for the DVDFab Movie Server:
    - Don't use the GUI (and disable it)
    - Don't use the internal Hard Drive, it is too hot and not well designed (I use my Synology NAS)

This is perfect!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1415.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.4 KB ID:	371667
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1414.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.3 KB ID:	371666

YM
    Last edited by ymartin; 08-28-2019, 07:16 PM.
    Yves,
    YMartin.com

Can't see anything, pics are way too small.

Comment

Use the link in my sig for tips on using images in posts. They need to be png files @700x500 max upload size for best viewability in the forum.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by ymartin View Post
        I found the best setup for the DVDFab Movie Server:
        - Don't use the GUI (and disable it)
        - Don't use the internal Hard Drive, it is too hot and not well designed (I use my Synology NAS)

This is perfect!

YM

Do you stream UHD movies from your synology over your network, and if so do you have any buffering/stuttering issues??

I run a Synology NAS with 4 8TB drives and most UHD movies buffer/stutter at some time throughout watching, have them on internal drive and they play fine.

I know there was originally an issue with streaming UHD from NAS over network (Few threads on here somewhere) but no-one has ever said if the issue has been fixed in
        and of the firmware updates. I know I am not the only one that has seen/had this issue but never seen a fix for it.

Please post bigger pics, I would like to try your setup to see if it helps/cures the UHD over network issues

Comment

I have no issues streaming full 4k iso rips from my Synology. I do have both network ports bound together but I don't believe it was an issue before changing that setting. Everything is wired (no wireless). I should note that I playback from a NFS share to find the file. I do not go off the movie poster bullshit.
          Last edited by aggie113; 09-01-2019, 11:50 PM.

Comment

In fact, I do not use the DVDFab gui (sorry if the pictures are too small) ... this is a nightmare. I use my Synology NAS with the DVDFab file manager ... this is not beautifull and not very esthetical, but it works fine (like the the 90's) !
            Yves,
            YMartin.com

Comment

Unfortunately, many of us want the "movie poster bullshit" or GUI, in order to get the actor, rating, synopsis etc info. I have saved the movie poster JPG file along with a rich text format info file in the same folder as the movie ISO, but unfortunately DMS only appears to be able to read and display basic text files. I could convert my 2952 movie RTF files into plain text if I wanted to make a 2nd career out of this, but it seems silly to go to all that trouble esp. when the text files look pretty ugly on the screen.

If the devs would add RTF file recognition to DMS, then the DMS file explorer would have about the same functionality as the poster wall, in a clumsy and roundabout manner, by clicking and displaying the movie JPG, then info RTF, but the genres and collections functions would still be missing. I have organized my movies by 12 or so main folders, like "action & adventure", "thrillers", "horror", "sci-fi" etc and just stick the individual movie folders (JPG, RTF & ISO files) into the first-listed genre listed on IMDB. But even so this is just a crude work-around.

Comment

Working...
              X