Fan replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fan replacement?

My fan in the MS has started buzzing. Are there instructions on how to open up the unit to replace it? What type of fan does it use?

Try blowing the dust out with a can of compressed air, that worked for me.

Comment

If the dusting doesn’t work, post again and I will tell you how to (at your own risk) get a new one and replace it. Dust is fixable, bad bearings aren’t.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

That did the trick. Thanks.

Comment

Glad it worked. That's usually what it is when you hear fan noise.

Comment

Looks like the bearing finally went on my fan. Not bad, I got an extra year out of it. Can I please have the fan replacement instructions?

Comment

Originally posted by october262

should not be hard to do, you can get replacement fans in post #6
              forgot link - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...85-cooling-fan

Comment

Originally posted by gg4 View Post
                Looks like the bearing finally went on my fan. Not bad, I got an extra year out of it. Can I please have the fan replacement instructions?
                Hi,
                1. The MS can work without the fan, not a big problem.
                2. There is no such kind of manual, you can open the unit directly to check the fan model, there should be a lot available on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Hi,
                  1. The MS can work without the fan, not a big problem.
                  2. There is no such kind of manual, you can open the unit directly to check the fan model, there should be a lot available on the market.
                  Please let me know how to open the chassis as I don't want to damage it. I also want to replace the fan as it is getting VERY noisy. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwillwbho View Post

Please let me know how to open the chassis as I don't want to damage it. I also want to replace the fan as it is getting VERY noisy. Thanks.
                    I finally got around to replacing the fan. There are two screws under the rubber feet. Take the rubber feat off, take the screws out, and then plate on the bottom should come off. There are two screws holding the fan in place. I bought a replacement fan off of Amazon. It is a 40mm x 40mm x 10 mm fan. 12V, 0.05A. The one I ordered didn't have a long enough cable so watch for that. I just took off the old cable from the broken fan using a soldering iron.

Comment

Working...
                    X