Almost 6 months since v2.0.2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.2.1 Almost 6 months since v2.0.2.1

It would be nice to have some transparency and or estimated release dates.

1. Is an update even in the works?
    2. What is being worked on?
    3. When do you hope to release?

Would like to see a list of all features requests/bug submissions with status.
    Let user Voting for features/changes help drive priority.
    Put a flat out Yes or No on a request. Maybe a quick explanation on a NO.

With this type of list, we can confirms others issues or help users if we do not have the same issue. etc.

Has this item been abandoned? Is an updated version (hardware) in the works to replace it?

I had a feeling it was End Of Lifed when the sale happened several months ago and now it is been unavailable for several months.

Please give us a year end present!!!!!! 2.0.2.2 or higher!
    Thank you

I am not sure some of your requests would help. The factory where the DMS is made had difficulty obtaining parts due to the virus outbreak and also had to close for a time when workers were quarantined.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for replying signals.
      But I have 2 distinct parts. You just addressed the hardware side, kind of.
      1. is it discontinued? 2. Is a new model in the works?

But the beginning is all about the software for the existing installed users.
      We haven't had an update sine June. Closer to 7 months ago.
      It would be nice to know it is still in the development cycle, it would be nice to know what you are working on. It would be nice to know if users submitted issues are being addressed or even acknowledged? So a list of features requested or bugs reported would be great!

Thank you!

Comment

There are some problems popping up here and there. First, while the DMS reported no more space on the HDD, if I took it out and connected it to PC, there are ample of space. Secondly, the audio pass through is not working since upgrading to the latest software. I cannot use the remote control to tune up or down the volume. I start looking around for replacement. The Kioboer Q10Plus is an alternative.

Comment

Dwillwbho, I think the OS will only "see" 8 TB and the manual says this value as well. I have a 14TB drive and when I got to about 7TB I started getting the drive space issue.
          I now use Terra Copy free version to transfer my new files to the DMS.

I don't know about the pass through and volume issues. I can use the volume on 2.0.2.1 But I am not using pass through at this time.

Many media servers are available, I have a few. But I really do like the DMS. I just wish it had some of the features of 1.0.1.0 on the browser side.
          Other things that nag me, the video file is not inspected for run time. If you have a movie that has theatrical and extended edition, it is not easy to tell which is which. 1.0.1.0 did this fine.
          Also, it seems if you match one of the movies to the extended edition, both change!!! But that may be a user issue. I tend to put all versions of a move in the same main folder.

I have a whole list of items, scattered around this forum... but we don't have a consolidated location! How do the developers know what to work on? A list MUST exist!!!! ?

Comment

The developer is working on a new version, mainly for fixing issues reported before.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
              The developer is working on a new version, mainly for fixing issues reported before.
              Does that include not being able to login to Google Play Store?

Comment

I hope the new version fixes the lack of subtitles showing for quite a few movies on the Movies tab. When I exit Movies and play the exact same movies from the Video tab, the subtitles show up.

Comment

I wish "forced" subtitles worked. Movies like Star Trek that have alien languages that are subtitled should always be on by default. Not Subtitled for the whole movie.

Comment

Hello,

Copied and paste reply from Mona - see below - can you advise when the newer version will be coming out. It's been quite a while. Thanks!!

"The developer is working on a new version, mainly for fixing issues reported before."

Comment

There is no firm schedule.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Perhaps next harvest?

Comment

Can anyone from the DVD Fab DMS team respond as to when the next firmware update is coming? Is DVD FAB DMS dead? Users are inquiring...

Comment

I don't know what the future holds for the DMS(hardware) as far as the developers go, but for me, it seems as though it has reached the end of it's product life. I have always liked it even with some issues that I had. Sadly though I had decided that I was going to retire it this year and I was looking for another path to present content on my 4K screen. I thought about an NAS as the external media source using the DMS as the video source but couldn't settle on any certain model of NAS.

So I went a whole different direction. I decided I wanted more functionality from my system so I went with a Windows 10 Pro PC and purchased all the hardware and software to make that a reality and is presented in the attachment that is with this post. My Movie Server is back in the box and retired. For all intents and purposes the DVDFab Player product is a software DMS. I purchased the Ultra version and I am very pleased with this setup.

Attached Files

Comment

Your Attachment is blocked, can you list it out what you used, I wrote something of my own that uses DVDFab to play the actual content as i was unhappy with DMS, were you able to get DV support through any third party tools? That's my last hang-up for the 'perfect' solution, I still use my NAS (Asustor currently 80TB) for all my cloned rips of my discs, and a centralized location for backups and files for the whole house. I can stream them with FireCore onto my Apple TV's in the bedrooms, and use a PC with DVDFab Player in the theater room currently but when i can find one that does Dolby Atmos/DTSX and DolbyVision in one box I will replace them all I don't fault DVDFab for no DV due to licensing/certifications, but the ATV solution doesn't have Dolby Atmos and that's a deal killer in the theater room. Maybe i will cleanup my code and drop it on GitHub in the future, but for now other boxes have eclipsed this product, and if they aren't careful will eclipse the software solution as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X