Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) remember target directory from from to the next

can this be arranged?

every new disk it defaults to an empty dvd burner, rather than my usual target.
    this is especially helpful for tv series.

thanks

dow
    It should already do this. The "Save to" field at the bottom of the window is a dropdown with previous targets listed, but it does not populate until a Source is loaded. If you want it to default to a particular format and drive each time, first set the drive (and folder if desired) on the Settings->General tab, then select DVD (or BD) Folder as the default output type in Settings->DVD->DVD Copy. You can also set the default size (i.e. compression on or off) on the same page.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have the same problem

I have this exact same problem.
      Each new copy requires me to specifically select where it should save to.
      I went to settings, general as you suggested but NONE od the available settings were set to the other DVD ROM burner is defaults to and as 'dow' stated.
      At least 9.0.4.2 does not bring up a new explorer window each time it completes. BTW if that is a mistake and you rectify it, at least putt an option in settings to be able to turn it off again.

Confused and Frustrated
      Mutt
      Mutt ... All-In-One Lifetime Member

Comment

Is the Save To that you must reset each time an optical drive or hard drive?

At one time there was a checkbox to open the output directory when finished, but I can't find it either now. I will check with the staff when the office reopens later.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It's right here:
          Attached Files
          Last edited by 90312; 05-30-2013, 06:14 PM.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Aha! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              Is the Save To that you must reset each time an optical drive or hard drive?
              The default it tries to go to is the optical BD burner. I always have to pull down the list and change it to the folder that I use. The value in the general settings goes to a folder in the "Documents and Setting" area, which is not what shows up in the target.

DVDFab8 does remember the target location, DF\VDFab9 does not.

Comment

Set these two items and it will always copy to a folder of your choice by default.
                Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                  Set these two items and it will always copy to a folder of your choice by default.
                  Actually it is three items, as you have to do the same under the Blu-ray tab.

It was so much simpler when it just did it by default, i.e., remembered the last used target location.

Comment

Many Thanks

That actually helped a lot, and I even found the "do what I chose last time option" but you do see our point that you really have to drill down for these things.
                    I'll just go away and play with what I have found and will come back if "all is not right with the world"
                    Sorry to have hijacked dow's thread but things are looking up

Mutt
                    Mutt ... All-In-One Lifetime Member

Comment

Glad it helped Mutt and I do see your point, but with this much flexibility come user adjustments.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X