Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVD Ripper - Problems using non original resolution

Hello

I would like to rip PAL DVD using its original resolution (720x576). It is 5:4 aspect ratio. Original DVD stream are signed as 16:9 or 4:3 using the same resolution. I would like to rip DVD using source resolution and specifying correct aspect ratio.

DVD Ripper can use custom resolution but output video have 5:4 aspect ratio for PAL resolution. After remuxing it in MKV Toolnix, where I set 16:9 AR final file played corectly with 16:9 AR.

When I tried to rip using another resolution, 1280x720 for instance, video was scaled properly, but subtitles remained 720x576 and displayed inproperly. Subtitles was shifted a little to the left and top (background subtitles region was aligned to top-left corner of the screen).

ArtS
    Last edited by ArtS; 01-08-2014, 06:41 PM.

Art

I do not understand your desired procedure and result. For instance, you say you wish to rip a PAL DVD using the original size and aspect ratio, but also that you changed the aspect ratio to 16:9 using other software and it plays correctly. Please list the procedure step-by-step, so we can try to duplicate it and assist you.

Since you posted in the DVD Ripper forum, I also assume you are using the DVD Ripper module of DVDFab when you use the term "rip", as opposed to the DVD Copy module. Is this correct?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hello, this is because of my poor English

My procedure
      1. Select Rpipper module.
      2. Add folder with VIDEO_TS folder.
      3. Select MKV format.
      4. Click Edit and set aspect ratio to customize.
      5. Type 720x576, then DVDFab calculates it as 1.25 AR.
      6. Convert file.
      7. Output file has 1.25 AR and displays as horizontally stretched picture and subtitle too (see attached movie 5-4.jpg).
      8. After remuxing outoput file in MKVToolnix settinh 16:9 AR, remuxed file a and subtitiles displays correctly (see attached movie 16-9 Good.jpg).

Standard procedure:
      1. Select Rpipper module.
      2. Add folder with VIDEO_TS folder.
      3. Select MKV format.
      4. In MKV options set resolution to default: 1024x576.
      5. Convert file.
      7. Output file has 16:9 AR and displays correctly.
      8. But subtitles are stretched horizonally (probably it resolution remains as 720x576 - see attached movie 16-9 Good.jpg).

My procedure - picture resolution is the same for input and output, but resulting AR isn't.
      Standard procedure - picture resolution of output file is changed, but resolution of subtitles isn't. Output AR is correct.

Conclusions: DVD Ripper doesn't support non square pixels and doesn't resize subpictures.

ArtS
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ArtS; 01-11-2014, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X