No announcement yet.

MKV multi-language (Sub and Audio)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For now, mkv.remux profile allows multi-audio selection for Blu-ray source.

We are rewriting profile related things, and it will be definitely done in several months, then we can have many flexible ripping options.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Just waiting :-(

Do you have an idea when we can expect the multi-audio in MKV?

Comment

No offence but we have been crying out for ages for the ability to select multi audio streams surely this cant be hard as many free products can do this but i much prefer to use dvdfab

Comment

Gold to hear your choice. we will support this feature in next build.

Thanks,
          Potti
          Last edited by Potti; 06-29-2011, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Do you have a timeframe on this?

Remember this is for DVD Ripper, not Blu-Ray and has been promised exactly as you have doe for nearly two years.

Originally posted by 1st!_Blood% View Post
            Gold to hear your choice. we will support this feature in next build.

Thanks,
            Potti
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Two years before, I'm not here.
              Schedule is next verion I'm sure.

-Profile suppot list-
              For DVD:
              *Profile:generic.mkv.h264.audiocopy
              *generic.mkv.xvid.audiocopy
              *MKV.remux
              For BD:
              *m2ts.audiocopy
              *m2ts.passthrough
              *mkv.h264.audiocopy
              *mkv.remux

Comment

From DVDFab v8102, we added multi-audio selection feature for all MKV audiocopy profiles, please try it to see the result.
                DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ
                  Sure hope so as a lot of us who been using DVDFab since version 3 and earlier have lost a lot of faith in the program and some of us have had to rely on a lot of freeware that can do what we have been told DVDFab will do in next versions that never happen
                  Please give a specific example of when this has ever happened. Post facts, not opinions or vague memories.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

It is over two years ago when I started asking for these basic features and I am sure that your memory is not that bad.

I hope Fengtao's response clears this backlog and I will be thoroughly testing it tonight & report back.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From the quick tests that I have just done, only half this request has been fulfilled.

Using DVD Ripper, you can now include multiple audio tracks in the MKV container. WOOT!!! Finally!!

Nothing has been done on the ability to also mux the subtitle tracks into the container. The choice of external SUB/IDX or BURNT IN are the only options and certainly no ability for multiple subs within the container.

Half the job!!! More to go.

Please note that chapter marks are also not muxed into the MKV container.

So I will revise my opinion to about a third of the job done !!!
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

+1

I would REALLY like to see chapter marks added as well.

Originally posted by GregiBoy

Comment

and the ability to select all subtitles as well this is very important for oversease films etc

Comment

My comments were not directed to you, so don't address me as if they were. Be happy that some progress has been made on what you wanted. I'm sure the rest of these features will be available before too long.
                          Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                          Signals

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

It is over two years ago when I started asking for these basic features and I am sure that your memory is not that bad.

I hope Fengtao's response clears this backlog and I will be thoroughly testing it tonight & report back.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From the quick tests that I have just done, only half this request has been fulfilled.

Using DVD Ripper, you can now include multiple audio tracks in the MKV container. WOOT!!! Finally!!

Nothing has been done on the ability to also mux the subtitle tracks into the container. The choice of external SUB/IDX or BURNT IN are the only options and certainly no ability for multiple subs within the container.

Half the job!!! More to go.

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Understanding is everything, my friends. We are hard working on many new features.
                            I believe many of the features comes form your and this forum.
                            Your advices are very valuable and like gold. Please go on and Ignore the flaw.
                            Also you can mail me(fisker@dvdfab.com) or Fengtao.
                            Last edited by Potti; 07-01-2011, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Yeah, thought so.

Comment

+1

I also would like to have multiple PGS subtitles *inside* the MKV file and also chapters.

I hope this can be added soon.

I'm pretty surprised that this rather basic feature is still not supported. I mean, MKV is getting more and more popular/important.

Comment

Working...
                                X