Feedback on 8.1.3.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software Feedback on 8.1.3.2

I have a Q6600 quad core, not particularly fast by today’s standards. I always rip the main movie to the HDD compressed if necessary and use the folder as the source. I just tried 8.1.3.2 on the iPad.h264 profile; it achieved 225 fps pretty quickly and went faster as it neared completion. Completed the movie in 11 minutes, and that’s pretty quick for my equipment. So I tried the same movie using the iPod.touch profile, it achieved 335 fps @ 480x272, consistently and up to 346 fps in places, complete in just over 6 minutes. One minor issue with the iPod.touch output, it no longer plays on the PSP so something has changed, but I can’t be sure which version, haven’t used it in a bit. Nice improvement for me overall, thanks!
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

This is probably the "halloween treat" speed increase that was mentioned in the release notes for (I think) v8.1.3.1.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I haven't tried a conversion in awhile, but it's looking good on my rig too.
      Middle of the road specs when I built my rig 2 years ago...core i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz.

Did a 6.05 GB flick to an iPad profile with the same settings as 90312.
      Took approx 7 minutes and ran a bit over 400 fps
      Decoder = Software
      Encoder = Software + CUDA
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
      X