Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to determine the audio lag length in ms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to determine the audio lag length in ms?

Hey guys, sometimes when I rip a BD to a BD-R, there will be a slight audio lag. It happened to me on Transformers 3, and Scream 4 recently. I used TS Muxer to try to cancel out the lag by adjusting the audio lag to -350 ms, and it got a lot closer to being no lag, but still not perfect. Is there any sort of way I can accurately gauge the audio lag without having to guess at it?

There should be no audio lag at all.

If you are using any high speed codecs switch to regular software encoding and try again.

Comment

Well I know there "shouldn't" be any lag, but there is. Right now I use Software for all my decoding, and Software + CUDA for my encoding.... what you're saying is to use Software only for encoding as well?

Comment

I think marty is saying try it for the problem conversions. A/V Sync becomes noticeable at about 200 ms according to a Bell Labs study in the 1950s when network TV programs were first transported over paths where the video and audio went different routes.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Exactly. The only audio sync issues I was aware of was using CoreAVC, which is a known issue.

Are you using an older PC or a more recent one?

Comment

Well currently I'm using a 4 year old laptop, with 2 GB of RAM, 2.2 ghz dual core processor, and a 256 MB Nvidia 8400 GS graphics card. My primary desktop is in storage right now. That has a 6 core AMD processor with 6 GB of RAM and a 1 GB graphics card. That one never has any audio lag that I can recall, but sometimes it completely omits the English soundtrack and substitutes it for Spanish. Imagine my surprise when I start watching a movie and it's all in Spanish!

Comment

I always create an ISO first so I can check the movie before I burn it to disk.

Did you try a software only encode?

Comment

Yeah, I always do a software encode, but it seems to be random if I get audio lag or not. I think I'm just gonna go buy a BD-RE so that I can burn it to that first to check if there is any audio lag. If not, then I will burn it to a BD-R. If there is, then I guess I will be using TSmuxer to remedy my problem again lol.

Comment

I thought you said earlier that you use Software + CUDA for encoding?

Comment

Working...
                  X