This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaner DVD Ripp

I have noticed that if you do a Customize DVD9 ripp 2 times then you get a "cleaner" ripp (DVDFab takes away more stuff).

First ripp = DVD to harddrive
    Second ripp = ripp the files from the harddrive to another folder on the harddrive
    (use the same settings on both of the ripps)

And you don't get so many error messages in PgcEdit when you load PgcEdit with the files from the second ripp.
    Hubba hubba zoot zoot..........

I've noticed something similar and would like to hear from others. When I Customize a Customize I see 'little' segments I did not select the first time. Anyone know if this is normal or is there experience also?

Comment

Forget the 2 stage rips, no need for that ....

Once you get proficient with PgcEdit, you'll be able edit in 2-3 mins per movie.

It has a GREAT clean-up macro ..... Ctrl+Shift+R .... test it !!!
      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

You can also try changing the PathPlayer settings for a deeper scan the first time through. I use 480 seconds and 5 VOBUs. The scan takes a little longer but is much more thorough (the defaults scan one VOBU and skip 30).
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals, forgive my ignorance... when you say PP are you referring to pgcedit settings? I know PP in DVDFab but not by that term in pgcedit.

AlienX69, each time I use PE it gets a little easier. I recommend the guides listed on homepage and help file. I love control-shift-r Being so new to this I copy my first rip then go to town with PE.

However, I am wondering why on a 2nd customize rip why I see 1-2 clips when I didn't select those for the first rip. Any ideas? Did it miss displaying those in the first rip, or were they not removed in the first rip? It's not that rare for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
            However, I am wondering why on a 2nd customize rip why I see 1-2 clips when I didn't select those for the first rip. Any ideas? Did it miss displaying those in the first rip, or were they not removed in the first rip? It's not that rare for me.
            First, signals is speaking of settings in DVDFab regarding PP

You should NOT even use Customize to extract, use Full Disc as you are gonna delete all the stuff you don't want with PE !!!!
            AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Sorry I was unclear. I am referring to the PathPlayer controls in DVDFab Settings: there are two sliders that control the depth of the scan. And I respectfully disagree with my friend AX; I almost always use Customize mode: why have junk (extra audios etc) in your rip if you don't want them?

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
              Signals, forgive my ignorance... when you say PP are you referring to pgcedit settings? I know PP in DVDFab but not by that term in pgcedit.

AlienX69, each time I use PE it gets a little easier. I recommend the guides listed on homepage and help file. I love control-shift-r Being so new to this I copy my first rip then go to town with PE.

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
                Forget the 2 stage rips, no need for that ....

Once you get proficient with PgcEdit, you'll be able edit in 2-3 mins per movie.

It has a GREAT clean-up macro ..... Ctrl+Shift+R .... test it !!!
                I know about the "Remove usless stuff" macro in PgcEdit, I use it regulary
                Hubba hubba zoot zoot..........

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  Sorry I was unclear. I am referring to the PathPlayer controls in DVDFab Settings: there are two sliders that control the depth of the scan. And I respectfully disagree with my friend AX; I almost always use Customize mode: why have junk (extra audios etc) in your rip if you don't want them?
                  I wouldn't say it's a disagreement, just a slight difference in usage ..... either way works.

My preference is see the complete extraction before I decide what to remove (old habit, ole fart). PE is so easy to Trace and blank, for me, as I've been using the tool for some 7+ yrs.

FYI: I started working on the guide we discussed.
                  AX

Comment

Originally posted by Hubbabub View Post
                    I know about the "Remove usless stuff" macro in PgcEdit, I use it regulary
                    Wow you live close to r0lz ...... ..... Sweden huh, must be nice, i envy YOU ....
                    AX

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                      You can also try changing the Path Player settings for a deeper scan the first time through. I use 480 seconds and 5 VOBUs. The scan takes a little longer but is much more thorough (the defaults scan one VOBU and skip 30).
                      Signals, I want to use your settings for a deeper scan but when I move the slider I can't see the settings, it's like a type writer, you type three numbers go back three spaces type three different numbers and continue that D you know what I mean? Using version 6218.
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Yeah, I get that also on Version 6.2.2.0.

Like the numbers aren't cleared and the next ones when you move the slider go on top?
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

GregiBoy is this a bug they can fix? As I only do movie only s/l verbatim burns and would like to do a deeper scan.
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I think it is !!!!

I am sure that Signals will report it to Fengtao once he sees these posts.
                            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Same here, same version. If you drag the slider to near where you want it to go, you can then use the arrow keys and watch tens or hundreds digit change. That's what I did to get it where I wanted. Of course, after the drag I click ok then come back in. Hope that makes sense. AX, I'd love to get so proficient with PE that I could do a Full then remove all that I wanted to remove quickly and easily. Sigh... these things take time

Comment

Working...
                              X