This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windows xp

They have been updating for five years now, even the night this SECURITY MASTER AV pop on my screen, I was looking for a timing belt diagram when it popped up on the screen, found out MacAfee not worth a crap, glad I didn't pay for it!

Comment

This was built by a friend of a friend, but I've been to his house and seen the windows disk, was real, but there is no sticker on the PC!

Comment

Sounds like malware hi-jacked your browser, d/l malwarebytes, update it and run a scan, it's free and very good.

Comment

windows xp

I ran the Micro Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool, it shows, Validation status: Invalid product key, so does this mean it is bootleg, and if so isn't that not legal, and if so can I do something about it!, legally?

Comment

W&B

Where do I get the malwarebytes!, to d/l ?

Comment

windows support

Does anyone know how to get in touch by telephone with microsoft tech support! Can't get anything done on-line because of windows problem! This would be as important as a "fat kid loves cake", trying to keep in good humor and a straight head, this virus has caused alot of problems! Check out general chat, windows xp! Things are very over- whelming when your not a pc wizard!

Comment

If you do not have a genuine installation package, really this subject should not be discussed here.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

gregiboy

I very much understand, sorry if any rules were broken!

Comment

try rolling back to a previous restore point before u got infected.

Comment

Gregiboy

What do you mean by a genuine installation package,? THISIZBRIAN, thanks, tryed that but won't let me!
                      Last edited by Guest; 07-30-2010, 11:47 PM. Reason: removed un-needed comments

Comment

For reasons that we are not privy to, your windows product key has been tagged as non-genuine.
                        We don't know why; it could be anything from your "set up guy" installing the same product key on multiple pcs to pirated software to some sort of malware.

Write down your product key #
                        Do you have the XP installation disc?

If yes, format your hdd and reinstall XP
                        If no, try to get them from your "install guy"
                        If no luck, you can try to reinstall from the partition on the hdd but this is less than ideal.

If you're able to get up and running...and you should be able to run in Safe Mode and have internet access at minimum,
                        contact MS and good luck !

I am merging your threads.
                        Please do not start another thread on this topic.
                        Last edited by maineman; 07-31-2010, 04:35 AM.
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

If you live in a place that has access to one of the "big box" stores (like BestBuy) use their "Geek Squad" for things like this in the future. They at least will not put bogus software on your PC.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Malwarebytes is located in link below and I use it all the time as it the best around I think. Saved my brother and a few friends computers from a few trojan and viruses when they asked me for help

Protect your home and business PCs, Macs, iOS and Android devices from the latest cyber threats and malware, including ransomware.

Comment

Hi 8855A
                              Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble
                              It sounds as if you have an invalid pirated key and that is not looking very good.
                              Please do as W&B, and AGJ suggests and run Malwarebytes. I had to do this a couple of months back as I had a very nasty Trojan virus attack my computer too. And as you of all places I was trying to look for specs for a members DVD drive and in it came.
                              1) Run Malwarebytes, (I had to run it twice)
                              2) Run Avast if you have it, if not here you go http://www.avast.com/index)
                              3) I ran Microsoft Malicious Removal Tool, I have Vista not sure if Xp has it, to check just type MRT in your search box.

As far as not having your License Key, I'm sorry can't help you there but, it will be 25 letters and numbers in sets of "5" I'm pretty sure.

Good luck
                              CBR929
                              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I suspect that you will run into a dead end with MS; they simply will not care why you have a non-genuine product key
                                and since it sounds like you have an oem version, MS will not offer support.
                                Nevertheless, you may get lucky. I actually had a pleasant experience with an MS rep some years ago when my XP Pro key was not recognized
                                and I couldn't activate it.

Here you go:

Contact information and hours of operation
                                To contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support, telephone (800) MICROSOFT (642-7676).
                                In Canada, call (877)568-2495.
                                Microsoft Customer Service hours of operation:
                                Monday through Friday, 5:00 AM - 9:00 PM Pacific Time
                                Saturday and Sunday, 6:00 AM – 3:00 PM Pacific Time

If you have the XP installation disc, you may be able to obtain a genuine product key from MS. You will probably have to purchase it, but again, you may get lucky

I agree with my colleagues' advice and the utilities they recommended are outstanding, but here's my advice again anyway.

Once your system is so infected and unstable (not to mention the MS snafu), you need to start over.
                                I hope for your sake I'm wrong.
                                Good luck
                                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                                X