Media Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Players

There are more and more posts on this forum regarding the use/recommendations of Media Players.

My suggestion is that a sub-forum be opened specifically for this.

what do other members think?
    Is it a good idea?
    100.00%
    Does the idea stink?
    0.00%
    Are you ambivalent?
    0.00%
    Are media Players GAY?
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
    There are more and more posts on this forum regarding the use/recommendations of Media Players.

My suggestion is that a sub-forum be opened specifically for this.

what do other members think?
    I second that As I will be purchasing one very soon and would rather stick with Fab members and their experience with the players and we all use Fab anyways to either rip or convert anyways
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I agree, and I just voted for it. IMO, even presentation posts from manufacturers should be welcomed too. Hard to enforce it though.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Not wholely & solely as Fab has some serious shortcomings in some areas, but as a generalisation you are correct.

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
        and we all use Fab anyways to either rip or convert anyways
        CBR929
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Not wholely & solely as Fab has some serious shortcomings in some areas, but as a generalisation you are correct.
          Yes I know as I have been testing and learning about converting

@IPopov50 please don't show me any of your encoding fps, as I am jealous
          CBR929
          Last edited by CBR929; 08-18-2010, 11:02 PM.
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

I am in the middle of writing a MKV Manual for DVD's and when I finish, do you want the links as I will not be publishing it on this forum because of the constraints on being honest & truthful here?

Comment

I am in the middle of writing a MKV Manual for DVD's and when I finish, do you want the links as I will not be publishing it on this forum because of the constraints on being honest & truthful here?
              Yes, because all I have are DVDs no Blu-Rays and the Wifey is on me about the (quantity of movies) so I'm learning converting.
              CBR929

Comment

Count me in.
                The media player I have had on order arrived this morning.

The brand will remain a secret so as not to be the target of snickers and jeers.

Comment

Bet it was a WD POS!!!!

Comment

Bet it was a WD POS!!!!
                    I prefer to think if it as a testing / learning apparatus - possibly a POS to be upgraded at a later date if I feel the need.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
                      Count me in.
                      The media player I have had on order arrived this morning.

The brand will remain a secret so as not to be the target of snickers and jeers.
                      Congrats G, welcome to the family of WD TV owners. It will serve you just fine
                      And GregiBoy:
                      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Media Player Should be a Permanent Topic for Now

I wholeheartedly agree and support the establishment of this topic being a separate thread. I would even suggest to make it a quasi permanent, at least for now.

I have read some reviews of various products at Amazon. But, none so far is to my liking.

I want to thank GregiBoy for referring me to the 3 websites. I am still studying their products. Meanwhile, if any one of you has any prior experiences using or witnessing any of those products, please share with us your precious experiences.

I personally prefer a unit without a built-in hard drive to avoid the heat and fan noise from such units.

I would be very grateful, if GregiBoy would grace me a copy of your Manual. You can email me as I accept personal messages.

Many thanks to all,

Comment

You can have a thread on media players, or just about anything else you want here in General Chat, but there will be no subforum on them.

@Gregiboy
                          I what way is your ability to speak honestly (or mine) constrained here?The posting of opinion as fact is what is constained here.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

LOL

All ready 12 votes for yes. Yes we do need one. Is there any restrictions on like youtube video tutorials cause I have made a couple for my friends. Well not on youtube but for personal use. I feel not all of our forum members can see what we are saying some of the time. Maybe a visual may help clear confusion.

Just a thought.

Comment

I think you read what I said out of context because I said that I would not be publishing my MKV production manual here because I will be pointing the use of other software where I feel that Fab is lacking, etc and how to do the process using totally free software.

Both of these scenarios would be against forum rules and I do not wish to break them.

Comment

Working...
                              X