No announcement yet.

New ImgBurn 2.5.2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASK starts talking to the internet and wanting to change things before the installer really gets started, even with it all unckecked. Kaspersky2011 does not like it and neither do I. Fail-back to 2510.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      ASK starts talking to the internet and wanting to change things before the installer really gets started, even with it all unckecked. Kaspersky2011 does not like it and neither do I. Fail-back to 2510.
      lol it is in 2.5.1.0 too Paul

I forget which version it was when it started but EVERYTHING was checked.......................
      "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Asked the author about the issue.

Changed: Moved the running of the Toolbar checker program (checks to see if the toolbar should be offered at all) to before the installer GUI loads - so now there's no pause between pages.
        As per the changelog, the installer runs the checker program in its startup sequence.

I did that to prevent the 'pause' before the toolbar offer page came up (which is where/how click happy users ended up installing it without realising).

So really all I've done is move when the checker runs. It still runs either way and so 2.5.2.0 is no different to 2.5.1.0 in that respect.

You just get the 'pause' in a different place - and one where users can't then bitch about it installing without asking.

It's interesting how that 'signals' person thinks you can uncheck something in the installer before the installer GUI has even loaded!

I don't know what the checker is doing when it connects to the internet, I've never taken the time to see what it actually sends or connects to (nor do I really know how to snoop on the data being sent). It would make my life a lot easier if they didn't though! They claim its function is just to see if the machine is suitable for the toolbar offer/installation - i.e. supported OS, browser and doesn't already have it installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cynthia View Post
          Asked the author about the issue.
          Thanks for the clarification/explanation Cynthia and pass the thanks along to LUK! as well.
          Very much appreciated
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Let me clarify my earlier post. The things that were happening may be benign, but after the fourth popup from Kaspersky, I bailed out due to time pressures but will go back and try it again when I can watch it more closely.

Like many of you, I could not survive without ImgBurn and all that LUK! does to keep it alive. The sad truth is that it would not be necessary to have this dreck in it if everyone that uses it would make a contribution once in a while. I recommended this in the first post in the ImgBurn thread in our Third Party Products sub-forum here and I hope all my friends in the DVDFab Forum will do their part to support Img. Even small donations add up if there are enough of them.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Good idea Paul
              "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Thanks Bobbo!

Comment

No issues here after updating IMGBURN on Sat ... settings remained fine, including the option I had in DVDFAB to use Imgburn as my default choice. Also, agree about being careful not to install Ask toolbar. I first unchecked all th sub check boxes, then unchecked the main one.
                  All it did was install Imgburn as I wanted.
                  Last edited by 85rx7; 09-05-2010, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I like the new look. Didn't notice any of my settings being changed. Imgburn remains my number one burning program. The Ask toolbar option doesn't bother me a bit, easy to see and check/uncheck. A lot of programs these days have options like that at install. Better being up front about it rather than installing something behind your back. I don't fault them for it as they are just trying to make a buck or two in the process of providing these programs to us. LUK continues to rock with his bad ass self!
                    Last edited by Mike89; 09-05-2010, 07:44 PM.
                    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Working...
                    X