Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throw away licenses?!

Hi,

did you know that your licenses can't be used any more, when you replace your old PCs by new ones.

Normal users do this every few years - which sense does a lifetime subscription make?

See my DVDfab mail thread below.

Best Regards
    Marc

__________________________________________________ ______________

My first question to support:

Hi,
    I'm thinking about purchase of Passkey.
    As I read I can install it on two machines.

I frequently change my computers (about every 6 months) and frequently reinstall Windows 7.

How to make sure that I do not run out of licenses (as happend with software from other vendors)?

First answer from Support:

Please understand that if you have bought the Single-User License, you can use it on two machines. That means you can install and register DVDFab on two computers at most.
    If you want to register on the third computer, you need to purchase another license at .

<...>

My second question to support:

thanks for your answer, but this sounds like bad news...

Did I get you right:
    When I buy your product, install it on both of my computers and sell them
    6 months later (after deleting the harddisks) in order to get the latest
    machines (which is likely), I will have to purchase your product again
    paying the full price???

Or is it like e.g. Adobe Photoshop, where I can explicitly decrement the
    license counter by using a deregistration tool when updating the PC?

Second Answer from Support:

Please understand that if you buy the Single-User License and had installed it on two machines, you can not use it any more. Because the Single-User License just can be used on two machines.

<...>

Legally you only can use it at one computer at the same time. If old computer is broken, you are allowed to use the key on new key.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

You are TOTALLY incorrect and talking absolute B/S.

I change my computer about the same interval as you and have not have had a problem with registration of Fab products for over 6, nearly 7 years.

If you register on DVD Fab in the Members area, you can always retreive your key (This has one proviso, YOU have to remember it)

Get your facts straight before you grace us with your nearly spam posts.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi GregiBoy,

what is up with you - why are you talking about B/S and spam?

I posted the responses I directly got from DVDFab support one day ago!
        Are they wrong?

/Marc

Comment

They are wrong, I don't know what they are talking about.
          You do own a license for the software and therefore you can use it on one computer at the same time, doesn't matter if that one is an old or new one.
          人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
          Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

newMarc
            I am not convinced you are asking a legitimate question and not just trying to stir up trouble. If you wipe a hard drive and reinstall an operating system, you no longer have what the EULA defines as an "Installation". You should be able to reinstall and reregister your product with no problems. You should be very sure to uninstall and wipe the drives of any machines that you sell to others. If you leave a DVDFab product on one that you sell and it is used by the new owner, your key will be blacklisted and will no longer work on the machine you still own (and you would then need to repurchase the product).
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Agree with signals 100%
              Additionally, I have an observation/comment.

I believe Fab support may be misinterpreting your intent.
              Not always easy English <----> Chinese, etc., etc.

You can activate a single-user Fab license on 2 pcs provided you own both pcs and provided you only run Fab on one pc
              at a time.
              If the same Fab license is "seen" on multiple pcs at the same time...
              well there's the problem re: blacklising.

Moving your Fab license(s) from a "terminated" pc to a new one should not present any problems whatsoever.
              As GregiBoy, I too have been using my Fab 2.xxx licences to the present without issue.
              This includes my reformats, rebuilds, new builds and new purchases, but at any point in time, the total must not exceed 2 pcs.

As signals summarized, provided you do not violate the EULA,
              you should be able to terminate and newly activate...ad nauseum
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
              X