This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fab Product Comparison

I may have the dumbest question ever, or be the dumbest viewer of this site.

But, doesn't DVD to DVD rip even Blu-Ray to hdd, and then you could go back to Blu-Ray with your writer ?

Why all the various; File to Mobile; DVD to Mobile; as stand-alone products, when DVD to DVD does it all, right ?

Then Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray is just enhanced by being a "one-click" solution ?

Where am I going wrong besides seeing just the price differences ?

Thanks,

Curve

Theres no such thing as a dumb question and everyone that has one should ask or how else will you know. Now I might give stupid answers at times LOL (I'll do my best)
    DVD to DVD won't do Blu-ray. It will copy DVD's (you can also rip them to your hdd for converting). DVD to Mobile will Convert those files ripped to hdd to a mobile format for playing on a multitude of software/media players/cell phones ect. Blu-ray to Blu-ray will rip/copy only Blu-ray disc (and is still in beta for the moment) DVD and Blu-ray is to different formats.

Comment

OK DVD to DVD won't do blu-ray, but DVD to DVD will do DVD to Mobile and File to DVD, etc etc . I just DVD to Mobile with a trial copy of DVD to DVD. So is DVD to Mobile, only that and nothing else ?

I would think DVDFab would be well served by a product comparison page. Most other multi-product sites find that (as well as their customers...) useful.

Comment

Before you can use DVD to Mobile you have to have dvd to dvd. The DVD to DVD option is what removes any protections and copys the disc to either a blank disc or your hdd. Its all confusing to anyone new to the program/hobby and yes DVD to Mobile will only convert DVD files to Mobiles files.

Edit: btw File to Mobile will convert from one mobile format to another.

Comment

No. DVD to DVD will do DVDs to blank DVDs or to a DVD folder on your hard drive (or to a disc image file or ISO if you prefer). DVD to Mobile will convert a DVD disc to a MPEG-4/WMV etc. format and create an AVI/MP4/MKV etc. file to play on mobile devices or your PC. Think of these as different modules, you just buy the ones you need for the kind of conversions you make.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Have a look at this product functionality thread

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

A product comparison is only useful when there are similar or redundant functions, ie.,
              product 1) will do a, b, c, d
              product 2) will do a, b, c
              and so on.

These are separate and distinct products with completely different functionality.
              Hence, there are product descriptions of each...rather than comparisons.
              Click on a product and then click more info.

Hope this makes sense.

//Edit
              Ooh, I forgot about the functionality thread...good one GregiBoy
              Last edited by maineman; 11-15-2009, 04:23 AM.
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

So, the only reason I could rip the DVD to my ipod is because the trial copy contains all the products, and, that without DVD to Mobile, the DVD to DVD product won't do that natively, correct ?

I've used DVDFab for a lot of versions, but stopped buying around version 4 when it was doing everything I needed. Version 4 or DVD Fab Platinum, rips to mobile no problem.

BTW I read the "functionality" thread, sorry, but it's still pretty cryptic. And, I disagree with comment on what "comparison pages" are for. Any business who has a complicated set of products with specific esoteric features (yes, I think ripping DVD's is an esoteric use of a computer for 99% of the people), would do well to find a graphic (table or spreadheet-like, perhaps) way of simplyfing their descriptions. Maybe better than a comparison page would be a product relationship representation.

Anyway, back on topic, are you absolutely saying that DVD to DVD won't rip DVD's to an iPod natively and that you must buy the DVD to Mobile ?

Thanks,
                Curve

Comment

Your statement below is absolutely correct.

If you had bought a lifetime Platinum subscription, you may still be able to use it and that would give you DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile.

Go onto dvdfab.com and request an all-in-one key.

Originally posted by Curveman View Post
                  Anyway, back on topic, are you absolutely saying that DVD to DVD won't rip DVD's to an iPod natively and that you must buy the DVD to Mobile ?
                  Curve
                  Last edited by GregiBoy; 11-15-2009, 04:57 AM.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by Curveman View Post
                    ............................edited................ ........

Thanks,
                    Curve
                    If you buy it today, yes. If you had it when they came together as one unit, no. All you have to do in the latter case is get a new v6 key (free) from the website.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

OK, ok, I see things have changed a lot. On the free v6 key. If possible, I'd like to take that capability then to my new pc. So can I do that under my existing lifetime license ?

Comment

Yes and you said you had DVDFab Platinum is this correct? If it is then you would have DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile and it would probably be lifetime if you bought back when it was version 4. Just apply for the V6 key here You have to use the email address that you originally purchased with as well

Comment

And all of this from one "dumb" question

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
                            And all of this from one "dumb" question
                            Looks that way

Comment

Well ok so far. Thanks everyone for all your help. Seems like some I got some important assistance here.

I got the registration key per your instruction and link, AGJ. I hit the registration button in 6205 for the DVD to DVD and noticed it refreshed to never expire. However I notice it says that the DVD to Mobile and File to Mobile indicate they will still expire at the end of the 30 days.

Observations ?

Comment

Working...
                              X