X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all dvds say UNSUPPORTED in DVD Player

I am REGISTERED USER and using the current version of DVD FAB 6.2.0.5
    I have tried the FULL DISC BACKUP and just the MAIN MOVIE. I only use DVD FAB to remove the encryption and use SHRINK to compress and DVD DECRYPTER and the NERO BURNING.

After all is complete I place the finalized DVD in my player to test and ALL DVDS say UNSUPPORTED. I then place them back in my computer DVD DRIVE and they all play fine.

What happened? What has changed?

I doubt you'll receive any meaningful advice based on so little info.
    Anyone trying to help would have to ask far too many questions to even begin to know where to start.

Essential info is absent, such as do the files play ok when when viewed from the hdd?...burn logs?, etc., etc.
    You're using 4 different apps, only one of which is a Fab product.

Please read over the Help Us Help You and post some specifics.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

dvds unplayable

Yes, all dvds play fine when viewed from the computer dvd drive. They will not play on my dvd player. Attached is a copy of my log files.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jayh1969 View Post
        I am REGISTERED USER and using the current version of DVD FAB 6.2.0.5
        I have tried the FULL DISC BACKUP and just the MAIN MOVIE. I only use DVD FAB to remove the encryption and use SHRINK to compress and DVD DECRYPTER and the NERO BURNING.

After all is complete I place the finalized DVD in my player to test and ALL DVDS say UNSUPPORTED. I then place them back in my computer DVD DRIVE and they all play fine.

What happened? What has changed?
        Your player may require that burned discs be bitset to appear as DVD-ROMs, which may not be happening correctly with all the other steps and apps you are using. If this is the case, it is a Nero problem not DVDFab. My suggestion would be to try VSO (for SL) or ImgBurn (for SL or DL). As Maineman noted, we really need more info.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

image burn or vso

Which program do you recommend for the best results?

Comment

The decision to use 4 different apps is certainly yours to make.
            In an effort to offer a solution, I'd recommend, Img.

Download and install it and select it as Fab's burn engine.
            Then let Fab have at it and do the whole business.
            My bet is that you'll be happy with the results and life will be a whole lot easier.

Here's a great thread which has download links, descriptions and video tutorials on how to go about this.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDab to work together

If you get stuck on something, just give us a holler

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Personally, I use ImgBurn in standalone mode (not from within DVDFab) for all burning. It has superior control over the layer break positioning and extensive support for bitsetting on many optical drives. I'm still not sure if your problem is incorrect (or lack of) bitsetting on your burned discs. You need some other DVD tools (like DVDInfoPro, ISOBuster, etc.) to make sure the discs are finalized correctly and burned to look like DVD-ROMs to your player. ImgBurn has a utility (under the Tools menu) that will attempt to fix a disc that was not finalized properly.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

You guys are TRUELY an EXPERT in your field! I appreciate all of your help and AWESOME Advice!

Thank You!

Comment

still says UNSUPPORTED

Ok, guys I am now using Image Burn and its still telling me UNSUPPORTED. I am attaching ALL LOG Files to see if you guys can figure this one out.
                  Attached Files

Comment

unsupported issue

Please, tell me if this might be causing the issue:
                    I have PathPlayer as ALWAYS ENABLED
                    Change DVD PlayBack Order is checked
                    Jump to first menu when disc inserted
                    Remove annoying PGC's (like FBI Warning's) is checked

I followed the instructions as MAINEMAN suggested to setup IMAGE BURN and DVDFAB to work together and still the same issue.

I went through DVD FAB and IMAGE BURN a second time and then burned another disc.
                    A second BURN LOG is attached.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The blank media you're using...
                      CMC MAG-M01-00
                      is not really quality stuff....

You also are not bitsetting this media +R to DVD-ROM
                      As signals mentioned above, this may or may not be part of the problem.
                      I suspect it is as the discs play in your burner, but not your standalone player, no way to tell for sure based on the info.

Please bitset (change the booktype of your blank media and give it another shot.

I'd suggest changing your brand of media anyway. The stuff you have is marginal for video archiving.
                      Purchase Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
                      Verbatim can be found in many of the brick & mortar stores and online
                      TY is found only online for most of the planet.

If you have some -R media, you can try this.
                      -R media cannot be bitset and will probably play ok.
                      Again, Verbatim would be your best bet here.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jayh1969 View Post
                        Please, tell me if this might be causing the issue:
                        I have PathPlayer as ALWAYS ENABLED
                        Change DVD PlayBack Order is checked
                        Jump to first menu when disc inserted
                        Remove annoying PGC's (like FBI Warning's) is checked

I followed the instructions as MAINEMAN suggested to setup IMAGE BURN and DVDFAB to work together and still the same issue.

I went through DVD FAB and IMAGE BURN a second time and then burned another disc.
                        A second BURN LOG is attached.
                        Yes. Changing playback order can most definitely cause problems...depending on the disc structure/copy protection

Please try either Main Movie mode or Customize mode (and choose only the main title).
                        It's ok to still remove the annoying PGC's., but don't change the playback order (nothing to change in this case anyway)...just choose the main movie.

Comment

I am fairly new to this, certainly no expert like the others trying to help you, but have you tried just doing the whole process via DVDFab, nothing else at all, that is all I do with excellent results?

Comment

I tried changing the Book-Type to DVD+R Media and this is what happened:
                            FAILED
                            REASON: Invalid Command Operation Code

I will try what MAINEMAN said about the playback order. Hopefully that works.

Comment

Yes, David the whole process is running through DVD FAB as of today and I'm still having problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X