X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Burn Failure? What does it mean?

I keep getting this message when I try to burn a DVD=
    Failure to Burn, Task=2 Error=116[]
    My dvd only burns about 45%, sometimes less. What does this mean, and how do I correct it? I have ruined several dvds, and do not want to ruin anymore. I realize from all the other messages, in regards to burning issues, that I should use a certain type of Verbatim. I have used memorex for ages, and have never had a problem before. I am using a new external burner, and I have to say it's burned fine before now. I have had my PC formatted recently, so maybe that's the problem. Do I need any special codecs with DVDFab, as I had some on my PC before it crashed. I did unplug my burner, then powered down my pc all the way, then connected the burner to the pc, once more, and powered it up. When I go into properties it says that it's working properly, so I don't really think my burner is the issue here. Any, or all help would be appreciated. Thank you

Hi Crickkette
    116 HWS_WRITINGFAILED 16 // Writing failed (write error or process aborted)
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

internal and burn logs

[ATTACH]4280[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4281[/ATTACH]

Comment

Log files?

I have posted my log files here. Is there anyone who can look at them and tell me why I get error messages?
        Thanks,
        Crickkette

Comment

Hi Crickkette
          The only thing I can suggest is to try using ImgBurn as suggested in my other post here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php...8&postcount=13
          and also get rid of that garbage media that you are using and stick with the brands I suggested in that post, some optical drives are very picky about media and will not burn unless using quality media.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Also try burning with your D: drive instead of the slimtype USB drive. If the USB drive is powered by the USB jack, that may be the problem. If the drive has two USB plugs, make sure they are both attached and unplug any other USB peripherals you may have.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you Signals for the interesting tip. I will try that and see if that works. Keeping fingers crossed here. I also wrote a reply in another post of mine, as to why I wanted an older version of DVDFab. I just wrote back, so you'll find my reply there, as well. Thank you so much for your ideas. Will get back and let you know what transpires when I check out the USB.

Comment

Working...
              X