Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registration

Can't get registration to work! I have DVDFAB-dvdcopy, and thats all, when I open Fab and check the Blue (?) mark, then the "About", I get All Options, Licensee, Enabled, Update Expire time! All options are all "TRAIL USER", and All Licensee are "TRAIL USER", and Enabled all say "YES", and under Update Expire Time, all say "NEVER BEEN USED", but I have DVDCOPY good till 4/20/2012, but dosen't show up on the "about page", I went to the members page and D/L my key again and it still won't register! If I go back to 8085, all is good, "UPDATE EXPIRE TIME", shows 4/20/2012!, DVDCOPY!, But 8091Qt, 8092Qt, both show "NEVER BEEN USED", and everything is "TRAIL USER", I useually click on my key from desktop and it says in the window that the product is now registered and to restart dvdfab!, but it doesn't work now!, and only with the "QT" versions! How can I get the registration to register? Or do I need to get in contact with support team and figure this out! Getting this resolved would greatlly be appreciated! Program working fine, but it still defaults to "engnore all read errors", which I never use!
    Last edited by 8855A; 05-14-2011, 04:48 PM. Reason: settings

Try this: with the key file on your desktop and DVDFab closed, right click on the key file and select "Open with....", and click on the Browse button and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8 Qt\ and select DVDFab.exe to open the file.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

dvd registration

SIGNAL, I did as you explained, when I click "Open With", It gave me 3 options, OPEN WITH : DVDFAB all in one, ect., Internet Explorer, and chose program!, but not finding DVDFAB.exe!

Comment

dvdfab reg.

I pulled out my folder and manually type in my key for registartion and now it says Enabled "NO", "Time Expired" for dvdcopy!, but I'm registered till 4/20/2012! It shows correctly on v8085-nonQt!, but now 8092Qt is showing Enabled (NO) and time expired for DVDCOPY! Went back to 8085, and it is now saying DVDCOPY, Enabled "NO", and time expired)
        Last edited by 8855A; 05-14-2011, 06:12 PM. Reason: registration

Comment

dvdfab registration

Clicked on key from desktop and v 8085-nonQt and is registered and okay! Went back to 8092Qt and clicked on key from deaktop and says registered version will be restarted, after fab opened, went to blue(?) about, to check, and it shows Licensee, my name and #, under Enabled "NO", under Update Expire Time shows 4/20/2012! Very strange, but program is working fine!

Comment

Originally posted by 8855A View Post
            SIGNAL, I did as you explained, when I click "Open With", It gave me 3 options, OPEN WITH : DVDFAB all in one, ect., Internet Explorer, and chose program!, but not finding DVDFAB.exe!
            You should see a "Browse" button on the "Open with..." dialog box, use it to select the file as I described, making sure to open the DVDFab 8 Qt folder. Do this after installing v8.0.9.2.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

dvdfab reg.

It's showing 8092Qt to be registered now for dvdcopy, but the enabled is showing "NO", but Licensee is showing my name and license number, and the Update Expire Time is showing 4/20/2012!, but key and program are working fine now! Thank you for the help SIGNALS! Found what you were talking about with dvdfab.exe!
              Last edited by 8855A; 05-14-2011, 07:46 PM. Reason: key

Comment

Originally posted by 8855A View Post
                It's showing 8092Qt to be registered now for dvdcopy, but the enabled is showing "NO", but Licensee is showing my name and license number, and the Update Expire Time is showing 4/20/2012!, but key and program are working fine now! Thank you for the help SIGNALS! Found what you were talking about with dvdfab.exe!
                I have the same problem - but did not get it fixed:

I have an "DVDFab Gold 3.x" license with the id "xxxxxxx" as shown in the user center - in the "old" 8 version this is working fine.

In the latest 8qt version I can see my name and License number (xxxxxxx) - but the enabling shows no and there is no expiration date (Never Expire). Therefore I cannot use the DVD copy function.

I downloaded the new key file via the user center and also opened it as described here - but no success. I still have the old 8 version on the PC as I am afraid that by uninstalling it I loose the ability of DVD copy at all.

Can you please help?
                Last edited by Guest; 05-16-2011, 04:35 PM.

Comment

registration

bbdvdfab, don't uninstall v8085-nonQt! Just install 8092Qt and it will make its own desktop Icon, and you will have both on pc! I have my key on my desktop as an Icon, I click my Icon for my key and it registers and pops up saying the new registered version will now be started! After that it should open with 8092Qt, then check if your settings transfered over from 8085-nonQt!, They should, but there is a problem with the read error setting! It defaults back to "ENGORE ALL READ ERRORS", DVDFAB said theres a fix for that on its way!, but 8092Qt will not over cover 8085-nonQt, like it used to do with each update before! You'll have both 8085 and 8092Qt on desktop! That is how my pc is! Also running Windows XP SP3! Hope this helps you out!

Comment

@8855A:

I did it exactly that way. Installed the 8092Qt version (tried it on Vista and Win7) with "run as administrator". Then I double clicked the key file (I also did it with "open with" and selected the latest 8092Qt version as suggested in this thread).

It said -as you wrote- "new registered version will be restarted" - which is. But still the DVD Copy is marked as not enabled - which is sadly true, because I cannot start DVD copy (message: this function is not registered)...

Comment

Please try again, and reboot your PC after doing the "Open with..." to force windows to re-read the registry entries and prefetch and other caches. You may need to manually delete all the entries in the prefetch folder. This is what is recommended in the MS windows user forum, but do so at your own risk.

Comment

@signals:

I did as advised - no luck.

Then I moved to my other PC (Win 7) where I did not install DVDFab before.
                        I installed 8092Qt - and rebootet - and inserted the regkey - and rebootet - no luck: as before it said:
                        Option: DVD copy / Licensee: my name and number - enabled: NO - Update Expire Time: Never Expire

Then I installed in addition 8085:
                        There instantly it said:
                        Option: DVD Copy (Gold) and Enabled was set to YES.
                        So this seems like a bug in the 8092Qt version to me - or can someone help here?

Thanks for your support!

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ
                          posting your license number and ID number is not good and hopefully forum staff will remove that for you
                          oops - I did not know that this is dangerous - Thank you and SORRY

Comment

Working...
                          X