Write speed questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank Media Write speed questions

I'm not real good at this program, but I've done pretty good burns, Some of the discs will work great on my new Sony dbd player, but sometimes freeze up & pixelate on my parents 5yr old Sony. I use Memorex 16x DVD+R blanks for some burns, and Memorex 8x DVD+R DL for others. The DL discs are the one's giving me the most issues.
    What I would like to know is-

1. What is the max burn speed I should use for each disc?

2. Does the amount of compression influence the picture quality? Do I have to have 100% or can it be lower?

I have an HP DVDRAM GH 40L SCSI cd-rom device.

Thanks

Last edited by Guest; 07-25-2011, 11:44 PM. Reason: Changed blue text to black

Hi jrogers1965
    Memorex are considered Garbage. Sorry
    You might be able to salvage these disc by installing ImgBurn as your burn engine, it is "free" and instructions on setting it up with Fab in the link in my signature.
    Burn speed should always be 1/2 the rated speed of your disc's.

Any thing be below 80 percent compression you may start to notice the quality is not like the regular DVD.

Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

You were having the same problem on your other thread that you never replied to but stated you were using Verbatim Lightscribe disc.

Are you have the problem regardless of the disc used?

Comment

I actually used a Memorex disc on that one burn, second time I played it there wasn't an issue. I just did "Milk" and will post the logs for you to see if I'm doing something wrong.

I would like to know how to get a higher compression % when copying "Star Trek:Voyager" dvd's on full disc mode and dvd5 setting. I use the Memorex Lightscribes.

here's the first log file

burn log for "Milk".

btw, I used IMGBURN on this disc
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jrogers1965 View Post
          I actually used a Memorex disc on that one burn, second time I played it there wasn't an issue. I just did "Milk" and will post the logs for you to see if I'm doing something wrong.

I would like to know how to get a higher compression % when copying "Star Trek:Voyager" dvd's on full disc mode and dvd5 setting. I use the Memorex Lightscribes.

here's the first log file
          In regards to the compression what is you quality size set at now?
          For more compression change to a lower number. See attachment.

As mentioned CBR929 your choice is media is garbage and not conductive to good results.
          Attached Files

Comment

The burn log is not a complete log.
            We need to see it all for this movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
              In regards to the compression what is you quality size set at now?
              For more compression change to a lower number. See attachment.

As mentioned CBR929 your choice is media is garbage and not conductive to good results.
              It's set on 4300 for DVD5 and 8100 for DVD9

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
              The burn log is not a complete log.
              We need to see it all for this movie.
              Hope this is the right on
              Attached Files

Comment

You can set it as low as 4000, but not lower. Use Customize in the DVD-5 size selector drop down.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  You can set it as low as 4000, but not lower. Use Customize in the DVD-5 size selector drop down.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X