VTS to mpeg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other VTS to mpeg

Not sure if this will get deleated but kinda of has to dvdfab. When I make backups of my dvd's using dvdfab it makes vts files, is there any way to make it a mpeg file or is there a program that will join the files and make one big mpeg, it for the ease of use, my wife has no patients to make a few extra clicks or search a bit.

Yeah, use the "DVD Ripper" module of Fab. See my "Best Practice" thread in my signature.

Originally posted by robandcat View Post
    Not sure if this will get deleated but kinda of has to dvdfab. When I make backups of my dvd's using dvdfab it makes vts files, is there any way to make it a mpeg file or is there a program that will join the files and make one big mpeg, it for the ease of use, my wife has no patients to make a few extra clicks or search a bit.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

You can also make image (ISO) files instead of VIDEO_TS folders. It only takes a few minutes more and they are single files that are easy to search for and play. They maintain the same quality as the original if you set DVDFab for DVD-9 size output. You may need to use DVDFab Virtual Drive (free) if your player software won't play images directly.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Or she can click the VIDEO_TS.IFO and the movie will play through.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

From what he says, it takes too many clicks to get to it.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

ok I guess I misunderstood. I would install VLC media player, copy the movie folder to the desktop. One double click on the folder will play the movie through. Actually it's a single right click and then play with VLC.
            Last edited by 90312; 08-11-2011, 02:08 AM. Reason: details
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

I used to use a program that would backup to .vob files and worked great but playibility was hit or miss, with dvdfab sucess rate has come to 94% but the output file is not one that can be easily shared between platforms, like a mpeg or mkv file. Maybe im missing something, (wish i was missing a wife now) but she likes to click on a title and done, many dvd structures do not play in order if they play at all. I use vob2.... which has worked great. Thanks to all that responded!!!!!!!!!
              I have vlc player installed , but my wd live box has issues with .ts files, works well most of the time with mpegs

Comment

You can use VOB Passthrough in DVD Ripper to make one big VOB file of the DVD VOBs, but they won't have subtitles or other DVD-like features. You can change the file suffix of these to .mpg and most anything that can decode MPEG-2 will play them. An ISO (image) file still seems like it would really be the way to go. A single file that would play with at most a double-click in most cases. Don't know if the WD box will play them though. It probably would play the VOB Passthrough VOB/MPG files though.

Comment

Thanks admin I think you gave me the answer I was seeking, and thanks to all who tried to help.

Comment

Working...
                  X