Video quality vs. Audio quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video quality vs. Audio quality

How much difference would I hear by removing the HD Audio? How much difference between 100% & 90% Video quality?

Here are my choices to make this fit on a 25GB disc.

A) 100% Video quality with HD Audio removed
    B) 90% Video quality & keep the HD Audio

Which would you opt for? Would it depend on the movie? A couple things to keep in mind. I love the video quality of Blu-Rays. Blows me away! When it comes to music quality I always go for the best quality mp3's. The lower bit rates actually hurt my ears. Having been a Sheetmetal worker for over 25 years has done quite a bit of damage to my hearing.

Just trying to get a feel for what I'm actually losing with the choice I make. Thanks in advance for any input.

This is very subjective and really depends on what kind of audio setup you have on your blu-ray player.

If you have the blu-ray audio going through your TV, probably not to much difference.

Having said that, the best bet is to back-up a disk without the HD audio and listen to it.

Comment

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
      This is very subjective and really depends on what kind of audio setup you have on your blu-ray player.

If you have the blu-ray audio going through your TV, probably not to much difference.

Having said that, the best bet is to back-up a disk without the HD audio and listen to it.
      Oh, I should have added that I guess. My audio is setup to run through an AVR with 5.1 speakers.

Comment

Keep your HD audio if you like it, you'll never see the difference.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

If you are over age 30 and more or less satisfied with MP3 audio, you will never hear the difference
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X