TIVO File Conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TIVO File Conversions

Will you be adding the option to convert TIVO file formats to DVDFAB in the future or can be done now?

Do you mean convert a DVD or BD to a file that a Tivo will play or convert files made by a Tivo to something else? There was a Tivo profile in DVD Ripper at one time, not sure if it is still there.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

No Tivo has a utility that allows you to transfer programs to your pc so that you can copy to dvd if they are not covered by Copy protection laws about 75% of the shows you can copy to dvd. I was asking if DVD Fab will have an option that will take the TIVO file format and copy to a dvd. The only program that you can use is Roxio Creator 2011 or 2012 but why would I need to buy another program when I have the best software available to me DVDFab if it can do it.

Thanks

Comment

There's a program called DirectShowDump that will convert .Tivo files into .mpg files (Assuming you know the MAK), after which you can do whatever you want with them.

Comment

Originally posted by burgman88 View Post
          No Tivo has a utility that allows you to transfer programs to your pc so that you can copy to dvd if they are not covered by Copy protection laws about 75% of the shows you can copy to dvd. I was asking if DVD Fab will have an option that will take the TIVO file format and copy to a dvd. The only program that you can use is Roxio Creator 2011 or 2012 but why would I need to buy another program when I have the best software available to me DVDFab if it can do it.

Thanks
          Have you tried the DVD Creator module? It might read them. If not, make a thread about it in the Feature Request forum.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Getting TiVo transferable files out of DVDFAB

DVDFab 9 using Ripper function will take a DVD and produce a VOB file for TiVo playback. However If the file turns out bigger that 5GB it will not transfer from TiVo Desktop software into your TiVo player. I have not been able to limit the file output size. This is why DVDFab needs to add a new Device setting for TiVo. If anyone has a fix worked out for this problem please post it.

Comment

You can run the DVD through the DVD Copy module and compress it to DVD-5 size, then process it with Ripper to make the single VOB. Hopefully a VOB/mpg encode-type profile can be added to Ripper in a future version.

Comment

Working...
              X