Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtitles/Captions

Hi

I am wondering how I can do something in DVD FAB if you can help I would be very grateful.

I am ripping discs and saving them on a hard drive but I normally remove the .sub file as I do not want subtitles coming up all the time.

However in some films there are translations which I could do with leaving in but when I remove the .sub file I cannot see them. If I leave it in they are there all the way through the film which is annoying.

How do you keep the translation captions but not the subtitles please?

I have tried forced subtitles that does nothing (

Thanks

Which copy mode are you using to make these and what are you using to play them? Are they BD or DVDs? It makes a difference in how you treat the subs and we need more information to be able to help you.

If you are using DVD Copy or Blu-ray Copy you should not have to do anything except include the stream that has the translations.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi

I am ripping DVD's to a hard drive so I can back them up I haven't done any Blu rays though.

I have tried to do it clicking the English sub picture option and ticking forced captions one showed in the preview the other didn't so I thought the one that did would copy properly but alas NO.

It dropped the Translations out again

The film is actually the Tourist I haven't tried any others as yet with captions some films do have English Normal Captions on them I always make sure that is ticked but this film doesn't have that.

Thanks for your help

Comment

You need to tell me if you are using DVD Copy or DVD Ripper to put them on your hard drive, also what software you are using to play them.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi DVD Ripper

I am using a blu ray player to play them from the hard drive.

I am using divx

Thanks

Comment

Still having issues if anyone can shed any light I would be grateful.

it seems to work with some films and not with others.

Thanks

Comment

Answer some of the questions above otherwise we cannot assist.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
              X