No announcement yet.

Windows 8 and Incomplete Install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Raid should not matter. I have v8, v8Qt, v9 and Media Player running (on Win7) with a raid 0 setup.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I went back to Windows 7, and it installed with no problems whatsoever.

Originally posted by signals View Post
      The Raid should not matter. I have v8, v8Qt, v9 and Media Player running (on Win7) with a raid 0 setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael3999 View Post
        Got a new computer with Windows 8 and tried to install the last updated version of 8, but it froze my computer before finishing.

Any workarounds I can get to get my trusty version of 8 back?
        Originally posted by 90312 View Post
        Have you guys tried right clicking on the icon and selecting run as administrator?
        Run as administrator did not help... same problem

Comment

it has nothing to do with the pc's, because its happening to me too. tried everthing that's mentioned and then some, its the dvdfab 8 series not wanting to install on win8 for some reason. although dvdfab 8222 was working (just used it yesterday) fine, then went to install the update 8224 and it just hangs the pc on "finishing installation". Also have tried diff. versions but same thing.

dvdfab 9 installed with no problems, so look like its on to dvdfab 9 then....
          Corsair 800D case | Corsair AX1200i psu | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | I7 4820k ivy bridge @ 4.5GHZ w/corsair GTX h100I | CORSAIR vengeance 32GB DDR3 1600 | EVGA GTX Titan X SC | (2) Corsair Force Series GS SSD- 240GB ea. SATA III | (2) WD VelociRaptor 600GB 32MB Cache | Lite-on Blu-ray burner w/3d | SB-Z Series | 29" LG 21:9 UltraWide IPS LED Monitor | 27" Acer 3d 1080p | win10 Pro 64bit

Comment

I noticed in your config, that you have 2 SSD's. Do you have those raided or as a single drives? When I had only 1 SSD, Ver 8 installed fine, but when I added a 2nd SSD & did a raid 0, is where the problem started for me. I'm wondering if it doesn't like 2 SSD's period, or just set up as a raid

Originally posted by briancowen View Post
            it has nothing to do with the pc's, because its happening to me too. tried everthing that's mentioned and then some, its the dvdfab 8 series not wanting to install on win8 for some reason. although dvdfab 8222 was working (just used it yesterday) fine, then went to install the update 8224 and it just hangs the pc on "finishing installation". Also have tried diff. versions but same thing.

dvdfab 9 installed with no problems, so look like its on to dvdfab 9 then....

Comment

Originally posted by choliscott View Post
              I noticed in your config, that you have 2 SSD's. Do you have those raided or as a single drives? When I had only 1 SSD, Ver 8 installed fine, but when I added a 2nd SSD & did a raid 0, is where the problem started for me. I'm wondering if it doesn't like 2 SSD's period, or just set up as a raid
              I don't have SSD's. I have 2 SATA discs but not setup in a RAID. I still have this problem.

I'm curious if waiting (for a long time) for the installer to finish has helped anyone else with this issue (see my comments in post #10 )?

Also, are those with this issue using a clean install of Windows 8 like I am (i.e. not an update over top of a previous version of Windows)?

Comment

I just installed V8 and V9 on my Windows 8 laptop, 32 bit clean install on new ssd. Both installed seamlessly and run. So I'm no help

Unless you are running Bitdefender, big problem for DVDFab.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

A DVDFab uninstaller utility would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by choliscott View Post
                    no raid on the ssd's, single drives only (1 for o/s and 1 for misc.)
                    Corsair 800D case | Corsair AX1200i psu | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | I7 4820k ivy bridge @ 4.5GHZ w/corsair GTX h100I | CORSAIR vengeance 32GB DDR3 1600 | EVGA GTX Titan X SC | (2) Corsair Force Series GS SSD- 240GB ea. SATA III | (2) WD VelociRaptor 600GB 32MB Cache | Lite-on Blu-ray burner w/3d | SB-Z Series | 29" LG 21:9 UltraWide IPS LED Monitor | 27" Acer 3d 1080p | win10 Pro 64bit

Comment

Solved

well dvdfab 8 does install on win8 pro, you have to refresh your pc(atleast that is what I did) to install some missing files(apparently) from windows.
                      After I did a refresh the program installed like it should and is working good.

Comment

locks up for me

Fresh install of Win 8 pro (Samsung 830 128 GB no raid) and 8.2.2.5 Qt locks up the computer at finalizing installation. I got version 9 to work, but that crashed during a conversion (1080p blu-ray mkv to H.264).

I tried waiting a few hours but that didn't help. Also tried the "refresh" mentioned in the last post. I think when it says missing files during the refresh it just means it needs the install files from the DVD--I don't think it means there were missing files in the original installation.

I'm stuck now and I really would like to get this to work. Has anyone contacted support for this issue?

Originally posted by briancowen View Post
                        well dvdfab 8 does install on win8 pro, you have to refresh your pc(atleast that is what I did) to install some missing files(apparently) from windows.
                        After I did a refresh the program installed like it should and is working good.

Comment

still locks up at "finalizing installation"

Support had me try to install as administrator, in safe mode, and with firewall and antivirus off. All resulted in the same situation. 8.2.2.5 locks up my computer when the install gets to "finalizing installation".

I have version 9 working, but version 8 is so much better...

Comment

Same problem here, Win8 x64, upgraded from Win 7 Pro, single non-ssd drive. Only solution I found is waiting for about two hours for the installer to finish. Support couldn't help me. I tried compatibility mode and administrator rights... Version 9 installs fine, Passkey shows the same problem, but "only" takes about 15 minutes to complete.

Comment

Hi Comic Sans

Did your computer freeze for those few hours? I can't even move the mouse...

I tried letting it go for a while, but maybe it was only an hour and a half or so. I'll try to leave it alone overnight to see what happens, I suppose.

Originally posted by Comic Sans View Post
                              Same problem here, Win8 x64, upgraded from Win 7 Pro, single non-ssd drive. Only solution I found is waiting for about two hours for the installer to finish. Support couldn't help me. I tried compatibility mode and administrator rights... Version 9 installs fine, Passkey shows the same problem, but "only" takes about 15 minutes to complete.

Comment

What AV software are you guys running? I've about come to the conclusion that Windows 8 and third party anti-virus programs don't play nice together. I bought my wife a new laptop for Christmas and of course it had W8 on it and a trial subscription of Norton. Her lap top would just hang on various tasks and installs and just wouldn't run Outlook hardly at all. She was unhappy to say the least, and after finding out BitDefender is a no go I decided to uninstall Norton and enable Windows Defender that comes with Windows 8 and her machine is now smooth as silk. My W8 laptop is using Windows Defender and I just downloaded and installed DVDFab v8 and it took longer to download than to install. Just saying.
                                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                                Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X