Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is 30 to 60 days before the updates are available to the free version. As for buying it you have choice of 1 year, 2 year, 3 year, 4 year or lifetime. I have lifetime for all options and have had lifetime for DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile since about 2005

Comment

Given the workload that the Fab development team have with the new protections being released, I would suggest tha 60-90 days is a more realistic expectation.

I personally purchased a "lifetime" subscription nearly 6 years ago and regard it as the best investment I ever made in software.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

That's probably the route I would go. My father uses the paid version and loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by bradley.ryan View Post
          That's probably the route I would go. My father uses the paid version and loves it.
          The people that work on this software day and night to keep it updated, have to make a living some how. We all have to eat. This was the best money i have spent on any software period.
          It has been well worth every cent.
          "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

I just got this message for the first time today too. I understand the new protection policy and have no problem with that, but are you really trying to say "The Emporer's New Groove" which came out in 2000 has a new protection scheme that the free version won't copy without me waiting? 2000?! Sounds like a bug in the free/pay protection detection to me.

Comment

make sure you have DVD9 selected or you will keep getting that message also the movie studios are releasing older movies with new copy protection on them as well. So check the DVD case to see when it says it was released

Comment

Originally posted by fraenhawk View Post
                I just got this message for the first time today too. I understand the new protection policy and have no problem with that, but are you really trying to say "The Emporer's New Groove" which came out in 2000 has a new protection scheme that the free version won't copy without me waiting? 2000?! Sounds like a bug in the free/pay protection detection to me.
                If this be the case, What can you do?
                Best of luck to you.
                "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

Also, some older releases require Pathplayer to be turned off.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

AGJ: I'm not at home right now to check but I'm pretty sure the spot for picking DVD9, DVD5 is greyed out when I get this so I can't pick it yet. Plus, I can put in other older DVDs that I'm ripping and it works fine.

GregiBoy: I'll try turning off pathplayer. I definitely have it always on currently.

Comment

Yep, it was PathPlayer. Might want to add that to the sticky about HD Decrypter. I'm sure I'm not the only one going to be wondering about the message coming up on an old DVD.

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                        If you have been using Fab for years, have you not thought about actually supporting the authors and purchasing it?
                        Bravo GregiBoy, fengtao needs to just drop the FREE version, and just go with 30 day Trial. Less work for him and us ...
                        AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Same Issue

I had the same message pop up when I was attempting to back up "Barbie Presents Thumbelina". However, unlike a previous poster, I have a purchased version of DVDFab. I purchased DVDFab only a month ago, I shouldn't have to purchase a new version, should I?? Please advise.

Comment

As a new member with only one post, welcome to this forum.

You may have not yet read the "Forum Rules". Please take the time to do so and ensure that you comply with them.

Also ensure that you use common courtesy whilst on this forum and that means not hijacking someone else's thread.

Your post doesn't have enough meaningful information for us to be able to assist you. Please take the time to read the "Help Us Help You" threads which are linked in my signature below and come back and provide the required information.

Comment

No, you should not need to purchase anything else. Start a new thread in the DVD to DVD forum with the information requested that Gregiboy mentioned.

Originally posted by texaslawkid View Post
                              I had the same message pop up when I was attempting to back up "Barbie Presents Thumbelina". However, unlike a previous poster, I have a purchased version of DVDFab. I purchased DVDFab only a month ago, I shouldn't have to purchase a new version, should I?? Please advise.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X