Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HD Decrypter will do limited Blu-ray copying to hard disk. The protection removal is not as up-to-date as the registered version and it will not compress DVD or BD, but it should still work and recognize the BD drive and its content.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks Greg - I did read that thread... that is where I got the quote from in my last post.

It also mentions that "
      This Procuct will continue working even after the expiration of the trial period and is totally FREE!!" - Still sounds a bit off in clarity. Not that I am trying to get out of paying for something... I just need to see if this HD Decrypter does what I need first. I really don't mind ripping the whole Blu Ray to my HDD - I can use other tools to extract the streams.

Signals.... so are you saying that one should be able to copy the Full Blu Ray to the HDD with the free HD Decrypter? I have 2 Blu Rays (both AC/DC concerts) that I was hoping to put on my Apple TV... but DVDFab cannot see them when they are in my Blu Ray drive.

Comment

It should see the drive but may not be able to analyze and open the disc. See the statement about HD Decrypter here: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=879
        which points out that not all BD decryption that is included in the registered version is available immediately in the free version.

This was correct as of late October 2009 but has not changed to my knowledge.

Originally posted by nopea View Post
        Thanks Greg - I did read that thread... that is where I got the quote from in my last post.

It also mentions that "
        This Procuct will continue working even after the expiration of the trial period and is totally FREE!!" - Still sounds a bit off in clarity. Not that I am trying to get out of paying for something... I just need to see if this HD Decrypter does what I need first. I really don't mind ripping the whole Blu Ray to my HDD - I can use other tools to extract the streams.

Signals.... so are you saying that one should be able to copy the Full Blu Ray to the HDD with the free HD Decrypter? I have 2 Blu Rays (both AC/DC concerts) that I was hoping to put on my Apple TV... but DVDFab cannot see them when they are in my Blu Ray drive.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks Signals - ok so I guess the Free version of HD Decrypter cannot read these Blu Rays then.

I will have a look at the programs pricing then.

Cheers!

Comment

I'm not really sure about that..and it is a real chore to uninstall/unregister so that I could see what you are seeing. Generally, it should see older BD discs and copy them with the possible exception of BD+ titles.

Comment

Yeah not sure why it wont open the discs.... I might try another program to see what kind of protection they are using.

Do you know if I was to purchase the Blu Ray to Blu Ray option - does that give me the DVD option as well? Or is that a separate item? Once the trial expires for DVD to DVD cannot I no longer copy DVDs?
              Last edited by AGJ; 12-31-2009, 04:21 AM. Reason: changed text

Comment

Originally posted by nopea View Post
                Yeah not sure why it wont open the discs.... I might try another program to see what kind of protection they are using.

Do you know if I was to purchase the Blu Ray to Blu Ray option - does that give me the DVD option as well? Or is that a separate item? Once the trial expires for DVD to DVD cannot I no longer copy DVDs?
                I have used both in my time and trust me DVDFAB is the better of the two by far. When new protections are present, it only takes just a few hours in most cases for an update.
                It is against the rules to discuss other dvd coping products.
                Last edited by AGJ; 12-31-2009, 04:22 AM. Reason: edited quote
                "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

Working...
                X