Subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtitles

I have the latest version of DVDFab (v9.1.2.2). I have tried everything to get a burn that has the subtitles OFF by default and nothing works. Even if I copy the COMPLETE DVD, the subtitles default to ON.

I've even be working with ellen song in the the support department and nothing we've tried gets the subtitles OFF by default.

If this happened on 1 or 2 players I would be happy but it happens with all 12 players I've tried the burned discs in and it happens with the Software players on 4 computers too.

I never had this problem with the DVDFab v8.x line but since the upgrade to the 9.x line I can NOT get the subtitles to default to off anymore.

Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

Does this happen with all discs or just one? DVD or BD?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

This happens with EVERY disc I've tried.

I've gone so far as to mix/match all the burning options with all the burning engines with identical results

Comment

I made a test backup of the new Riddick movie yesterday with v9.1.2.3, I will check that on VLC player and TMT5 and see what it does.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          I made a test backup of the new Riddick movie yesterday with v9.1.2.3, I will check that on VLC player and TMT5 and see what it does.
          I just installed the update as well and am going through each setting with each burn engine again.

What's totally strange is the even if I copy the entire disc instead of just the movie, the subtitles are ON! I just don't get it!

BTW - if I leave DVDFab out of the mix just burn with ImgBurn or Nero, I don't have this problem at all.

Comment

The Riddick I made in DVD Full Disc mode plays perfectly with no subs in VLC player and TMT5, I no longer burn to blank discs but that part of the process is transparent to the internal structure of the DVD.

I can offer only two suggestions:

If you are using one of the re-author type modes in DVDFab (Main Movie, Customize and Merge) then it is easy to accidentally set the default arrow to make the subs play automatically. Also, many players "remember" your previous subtitle setting and will play the next time the same way.

If these are forced subs, they are doing what they should of course.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              The Riddick I made in DVD Full Disc mode plays perfectly with no subs in VLC player and TMT5, I no longer burn to blank discs but that part of the process is transparent to the internal structure of the DVD.

I can offer only two suggestions:

If you are using one of the re-author type modes in DVDFab (Main Movie, Customize and Merge) then it is easy to accidentally set the default arrow to make the subs play automatically. Also, many players "remember" your previous subtitle setting and will play the next time the same way.

If these are forced subs, they are doing what they should of course.
              They are not forced subtitles. I am having to turn off the subtitles on every disc. The main player is the Pioneer BDP-120 and it doesn't remember settings from previous plays across different discs and for subs, even on the same disc if I remove it, I have to turn the subtitles OFF again but it does remember where on the disc I was.

Keep in mind that I DID NOT have this problem when I was using the version 8.x line of DVDFab!!

Clearly, something has changed between the 8.x line and 9.x line!

Comment

I just tried a main movie careful to remove the default tick mark from the English subs and sure enough they were on by default on my set top player. Easy enough to turn off, but behavior confirmed.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

I will try Main Move also.

Comment

I can't duplicate this with Main Movie with the new Riddick disc and v9.1.2.3 playing back on TMT5, VLC and DVDFab Media Player. The subs are playable but do not play automatically.

Comment

I have had this happen in the past but can't duplicate it now.
                      90312:It may be helpful to mention what player you used.

90312& Signals can you confirm version 9123 has a default arrow for setting subtitles as mine version 9 doesn't have a default arrow to set sub titles see my screen shot.Their is a arrow for audio tracks.

If you know of a way to get only the forced sub titles to play in the blu ray movie Elysium main movie that has 2 English subtitles please inform me as I don't seem to be able to get only forced to play with any player.Both English subtitle versions seem to have the same info. and only choice seems to be always on and play through the whole movie or off.I want forced only.
                      The full disk folder also doesn't play only forced.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by glenns; 01-19-2014, 02:42 AM.

Comment

It's just a Panasonic Blu-Ray set top player. 3 or 4 months old, Cinavia infected and that whole shot.

I noticed 9.1.2.3 does not select any subtitle as default but you can click in the area of the tick mark and select one yourself:
                        Attached Files
                        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

I tested it on a older Panasonic DMP-BD75 blu ray player, powerdvd11,VLC player and did not have the always on subs.If I remember this correct I believe I had this problem on my Micca media player but tested 4 movies and don't have the problem now.

On the second problem of getting forced subs to play on the movie Elysium
                          I put the pointer on the second English subtitle with the settings in Fab set to display only forced subs this doesn't seem to work as even with these set this way the 2 sets of English subs were recorded on the main movie.I had to set the subs off in the Panasonic player and select main subs 2 English to get the forced subs to work for this movie however no software player seems to be able to play forced subs for this movie.

The preview player is not working sometimes not playing at all sometimes frames are playing at a very slow rate.

Comment

The default arrow is still there but it has gotten very small. The file that 90312 is playing did not have the default arrow set, he sent me the IFO files and the "on" pre-command is not there, so it must be some sort of player issue.

There is a thread here somewhere that tells how to get the correct subs on Elysium, at least for the Blu-ray.

Comment

LordDelacroix:Lets take a look at your internal and Fabburn logs for a movie you do with version 9123.See the link at the bottom of the post on how to.

Comment

Working...
                              X