DVDFab freezes unless I disable GPU codecs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab freezes unless I disable GPU codecs

Been using dvdfab for a while. Had an amd triple core phenom was using an older version of dvdfab. Would rip DVD's slow. at like 15fps. Upgraded to a 2nd gen Core i5 laptop. It automatically enabled intel gpu encoding and would rip at 150ish fps. Then I upgraded to 9.1.2.5 It no longer told me it was gpu enabled and it would rip at around 50-80fps.

Sold and upgraded laptop's again. 3rd gen core i5. Installed 9.1.2.5 and it was intel enabled from the beginning but wouldn't even start the whole program would freeze once I hit start. I was playing around and I disabled all gpu codecs for decoding and encoding. Now it works fine. Rips at the usual 50-80fps.

Is this an issue with 9.1.2.5? Or do I need to change some settings?

Hopefully this all makes sense I feel like I rambled.

Could have been a possible driver issue, with DVDFab not recognizing the version of the Intel driver that you had installed. I keep the external codecs all turned off and just use the CPU (i7) for everything. Not quite as fast in some cases but not that much different and more stable. Please attach a DVDFab internal log session and the contents of the fab-check_internal log as well, they may shed some lilght on what is going on in there. It is not a 'known issue'.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I wonder if this just wasn't updated? It says 2nd gen i5 and windows 7. I don't know why it would stop working with a 3rd gen but that's what I'm running and windows 8.1

Here is my last log entry

5m 07.24s: ------------------ all convert work cancelled -------------------
      5m 07.29s: UILog:MsgWork:current work finish : 4
      6m 14.58s: UILog:OnMsgToolbar_Start
      6m 14.58s: UILog:Msg Start : ready start
      6m 14.58s: UILog:Msg Start : start test run work
      6m 14.60s: UILog:Msg Start : run work
      6m 14.60s: UILog:Run current Work.
      6m 14.60s: UILog:Begin work ripper.
      6m 14.60s: UILog:Begin work copy or converter.
      6m 14.60s: Start check DVD Ripper register status.
      6m 14.61s: End check DVD Ripper register status: Enable
      6m 14.61s: UILog:start running at thread.
      6m 14.61s: UILog:return flag at start running at thread ok.
      6m 14.62s: OPList at DVD Ripper : (480.2),(128.2),(32.32)
      6m 14.62s: DVD ripper check watermark flag: 0
      6m 19.90s: ------------------ convert work begin(1/1) ------------------
      6m 19.90s: info: create config(dvd2video)
      6m 19.91s: info: use profile(MP4)
      6m 19.92s: info: dvd playlist(1),angle(0),chapter(1->17)
      6m 19.92s: info: 3D working_mode(disable), 3D format(sbs_lef_right)
      6m 24.16s: info: stream input@ Video(480)[codec(mpeg2video) size(720*480) fps(24000/1001) interlace(0) opcode(compress)]
      6m 24.16s: info: perset file config OK !
      6m 24.17s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
      6m 24.17s: info: stream output Video(480)[codec(h264) size(640*480) fps(24000/1001) interlace(0)]
      6m 24.17s: info: stream input@ Audio(128)[codec(ac3) channels(6) sample(48000) bitrate(448000) bitdepth(16) opcode(compress)]
      6m 24.18s: info: stream output Audio(128)[codec(aac) channels(6) sample(48000) bitrate(448000) bitdepth(16)]
      6m 24.18s: info: stream input@ SubPicture(32)[codec(dvdsub) language(English) opcode(remux)]
      6m 24.18s: info: stream output SubPicture(32)[codec(dvdsub) language(English)]
      6m 24.18s: info: SubMode(Remux) -- Display Only forced Subtitle(false)
      6m 24.19s: UILog:MsgWork:WorkStatus_Start
      6m 24.32s: Intel GPU acceleration for video encoding enabled
      6m 24.32s: info: h264_encode: encode param profile(1) level(30) bitrate(1105) crf(-1)
      6m 45.05s: UILog:OnMsgToolbar_Stop

That was with intel quick sync enabled.

Comment

My processor supports quick sync and windows says my driver is up to date.. I guess its not a huge deal. just kind of bugs me. I miss the 5 minute rips

Comment

There is no reason it should not work and get you back to the 5 minute mark. Please also supply the fabcheck log I requested. This is more than likely a Win8 issue. Have you updated to 8.x?
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Go here and check against the driver you have;
            https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...01&FamilyId=39

Comment

Here is the log
              Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

I checked my graphics drivers and I actually have a newer one 10.18.10.3379 released 12/18/13

Comment

If it came through Windows update it may not have the Quick Sync components needed for Quick Sync to work.

I would download the latest version from Intel and install that. It will give you a warning about installing an older version, just go ahead and install it anyway.

Comment

Hi,

Please update to V9127 and try again, we did some improve for GPU in the version.

Wilson
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Drivers did the trick. Thanks guys

Comment

Glad you're working now.

Comment

Working...
                      X