Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that tip Mike, I had not tried it that way, good to know.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

comparing these 2 sites may offer some incite into what is happening. (add .cn)

blufab

and

dvdfab

Comment

I installed BluFab without a hitch, everything registered and all settings carried over, now I guess I will have to uninstall it...
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
          I installed BluFab without a hitch, everything registered and all settings carried over, now I guess I will have to uninstall it...
          CBR929
          Don't be sorry. The old version of DVDFab worked like a charm on one DVD but BluFab only gave reading errors. So I wonder if they had the same code base.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
            Don't be sorry. The old version of DVDFab worked like a charm on one DVD but BluFab only gave reading errors. So I wonder if they had the same code base.
            See http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=24830
            Starting from this update 9.1.3.6, BluFab will no longer decrypt any DVD and Blu-ray protections.

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              If you've purchased DVDFab you need to stay with it. You'll find out why if you don't.
              Originally posted by probep View Post
              See http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=24830
              Starting from this update 9.1.3.6, BluFab will no longer decrypt any DVD and Blu-ray protections.

Ah, now it all makes sense!

Comment

How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by eisenb11 View Post
                  Ah, now it all makes sense!
                  So Does This mean That dvdfab has shutdown all future decrypt any DVD and Blu-ray protections updates if so what good is a lifetime licenses.
                  yesterday said no more of buying. and today. no longer decrypt any DVD and Blu-ray protections. Now is seeing this yesterday = http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=24820 but It Really Makes you Wonder

To me it sound like well were sort of shutdown but not

Comment

DvdFab 9.1.3.6 for Windows (March 21, 2014)

BluFab 9.1.3.6 for Windows (March 21, 2014)

Please note: Starting from this update 9.1.3.6, BluFab will no longer decrypt any DVD and Blu-ray protections. You will have to find for other possible solutions if your disc is copyright protected.

Can we use Passkey and if so lifetime members should get it free

Comment

Just to confirm, dvdfab is no longer available and won't be sold. Blufab will but won't decrypt. So dev for dvdfab will slowly stop, and we should move onto other products?

Fengtao won't continue to dev a product they no longer sell. Seems to me the issue legally was decryption, so they will stop doing that and maybe only offer conversion features.

Comment

Originally posted by nonamebam View Post
                        Just to confirm, dvdfab is no longer available and won't be sold. Blufab will but won't decrypt. So dev for dvdfab will slowly stop, and we should move onto other products?

Fengtao won't continue to dev a product they no longer sell. Seems to me the issue legally was decryption, so they will stop doing that and maybe only offer conversion features.
                        I Guesses as much last week here = http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=24764
                        but was told they would not. there go 300 down the drain.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                          As of today, the feature sets are identical and AFAIK always will be. To force a BluFab installation, you can try uninstalling DVDFab v9 first and a reg cleaning and reboot before running the installer (I have not tried this!). It looks for existing files to determine if it is a DVDFab installation. If you do the above, you may have to re-register it after installing. It is just a change in marketing, nothing more.
                          and the end of decrypting right?

Please note: Starting from this update 9.1.3.6, BluFab will no longer decrypt any DVD and Blu-ray protections. You will have to find for other possible solutions if your disc is copyright protected."

Comment

After I installed the latest update I ended up with both Dvdfab Ver 9.1.3.3 and blufab ver 9.1.3.6. I assume that for awhile dvdfab will still decrypt but for how much longer? If blufab does not decrypt then what use is it? Only for home projects? Outside of anydvd what other decrypters are there? What use is there for this type of program if it will not decrypt? At least allow anydvd to work with it. What am I missing here for the money I spent on this program that makes it still viable?

Comment

Where did you get the idea that DVDFab is no longer being supported?

Comment

I'm sure it will still be supported, it will get new features from blu fab, but development and work on the decryption will not exist.

it will continue to exist in a way in which we are not accustomed to

Comment

Working...
                                X