My DVD Fab will not boot up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coop View Post
    I tried it and it didnt boot up either. Heck the monkey splash screen didnt come up on Fab 8. Does Fab need Microsoft Net-Framework?
    Hi Coop
    I'm not sure, why are you not up to date on Microsoft updates and service packs?

If so, try updating them.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Oh I am up-to-date. I was just curious cause there is another program I use that doesnt like the newest version of net.framework.

So what do I do now with trying to get this to work. I bought the lifetime subscription so I want this to work.

Comment

This is strange
        Did you install the Fab installer exactly as I suggested with administrative rights?
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Yes I did.

Comment

You didn't download the mac version of fab by mistake did you?
            I would try the delete, re clean again and do a reboot also.

Comment

No I didnt download the mac version. I have tried uninstalling, cleaning, and installing about 3 times now and the same old thing happens.

Comment

Well you can go back in time with system restore as a last resort but you will have to update all your files and programs from the restore point.

Before you do this lets see if a Fab staff member can help here ok.

Comment

I also had problems with several programs with .net 4.5.1, which was in a windows update. System restore was necessary for me, but it worked. I did not try DVDFab while 4.5.1 was on the machine.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    I also had problems with several programs with .net 4.5.1, which was in a windows update. System restore was necessary for me, but it worked. I did not try DVDFab while 4.5.1 was on the machine.
                    I received this update 3 months ago, haven't had any problems.

Comment

Hi Coop
                      Another thing you could try is to make sure that your GPU (video card) driver is up to date, have seen it happen before.

Hope this helps
                      CBR929

Comment

I just updated my video card driver a month or so ago so I do not believe this is the problem. So is a system restore the only way to fix this?

Comment

Windows just came out with more updates to system netframework I had a lot of blu screen mini dumps before the update yesterday on my windows 7 machine i am hoping their gone now but it's to early to tell.

The windows netframework downloads are security updates that you can find out more what each update does by going to Microsoft with the update number.It's a hard choice to take off a update like this from your machine as it could be open for attack.I also receive error 45 that's a security error when i start up Fab for months now with different version of version 9 but not every time i start it up but sometimes twice in a row.Doesn't seem to effect the running program I just get it during start up.

Try running Fab after the new updates to windows are running on your machine.I would do one more clean install with the new updates running.
                          If that doesn't help go to your graphics drivers web sight and see if by chance that your using a beta driver if so revert back to a older driver or see if theirs a newer none beta driver to download and try.I would do this first before i would run system restore.Did you notice the problem soon after you updated your graphics driver if so its the likely problem.I would try reverting back to a older driver even if you don't have a beta driver.You can always go back to the newer driver.

Comment

Well I got it fixed. Apparently another video driver came out after I got what I thought was the newest one. Now everything is working fine.

Comment

Glad it's working for you now!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X