Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes you so sure? If this is so, I am going after them. But I want to be a 100% certain.
    Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by rtenberg View Post
      I bought DVD6.0.7.0 from the website www.dvdfab6.com who claim to be authorized retailers of the product. They sent me two links - the program itself and the key (all in one) which I had to copy-paste. It worked fine - I get all "never expires".
      Then I tried to upgrade to the beta version 6.1.1.5, and it reverted to trial. Copy-pasting the key did't help. I did try all betas since the last production version - same result. Tried as administrator - same result. Reinstalling 6.0.7.0 production version gives me all "never expires" back without pasting the key.

So either the keys for betas have changed or there is something wrong with my key.

Any suggestions?

Also, can anybody confirm that the DVDFab6.com are legitimate authorized retailer. When I contacted them with the problem they advised to only use production versions. BTW, my email is not in the DVDFab database, although this might be temporary as I bought the product only yesterday.

Thank you
      Yea you were scammed, the same thing almost happened to me but I read a thread at another Website that had all the scammer websites posted and DVDFAB6 was one of them, good thing that Mod put that there , it helped me.

Comment

This definitely is a "SCAMMER"....

If you paid by PayPal, you may have a chance otherwise I don't like your luck. Their only contact detail is a anonymous gmail account.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I did pay with PayPal ... But the program works with the key, it is only latest betas do not accept it ... ANyway, I will try my luck with PayPal as they do have a verified account and the human name associated with it.

Comment

What makes you so sure? If this is so, I am going after them. But I want to be a 100% certain.
            Thank you
            DVDFab.com is the only authorized site. There are no others. The Buy Now link will take you to dvdfab.net where the purchase will be completed.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Just my humble opinion, but how about having the posts relating to the scam split from this topic and merged into the relevant topic so that it might help a larger audience?
              Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k

Comment

I have already added it to the "Registration Problems" post in the "Answers to Common Questions" thread in the knowledgebase section of the forum. Hopefully it will help people from being scammed and we are currently discussing putting a "WARNING" sticky at the front of the forum.

I don't know what else we can do to help people help themselves.

Any suggestions?
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                  I have already added it to the "Registration Problems" post in the "Answers to Common Questions" thread in the knowledgebase section of the forum. Hopefully it will help people from being scammed and we are currently discussing putting a "WARNING" sticky at the front of the forum.

I don't know what else we can do to help people help themselves.

Any suggestions?
                  Well thank you mate. You have done more than enough and it seems my suggestion was moot, I apologize, just looking out that's all. Cheers.
                  Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k

Comment

I bought DVD6.0.7.0 from the website www.dvdfab6.com who claim to be authorized retailers of the product. They sent me two links - the program itself and the key (all in one) which I had to copy-paste. It worked fine - I get all "never expires".
                    Then I tried to upgrade to the beta version 6.1.1.5, and it reverted to trial. Copy-pasting the key did't help. I did try all betas since the last production version - same result. Tried as administrator - same result. Reinstalling 6.0.7.0 production version gives me all "never expires" back without pasting the key.

So either the keys for betas have changed or there is something wrong with my key.

Any suggestions?

Also, can anybody confirm that the DVDFab6.com are legitimate authorized retailer. When I contacted them with the problem they advised to only use production versions. BTW, my email is not in the DVDFab database, although this might be temporary as I bought the product only yesterday.

Thank you
                    Yup! that was a scam so try and contact paypal to get your money back or call your credit card company to cancel the payment

Comment

Greg,

Unfortunately, your solution did not work. This is the same solution that I had received from DVDFab and it does nothing. Something changed with the last few versions of DVDFab. Basically, it seems to use the registration pad location as a windows clipboard. So, anytime I copy something it copies anything, including urls, shortcuts, recipes, etc. into the registration pad in dvdfab. I don't know if this has something to do with windows vista or not but this is the first time I've ever had this problem and DVD Fab has been no help at all. I have described this problem in great detain and I have basically been told that I'm on my own because they don't have a solution. I don't believe that this issue started with the last few versions. It may have been going on for awhile. Unfortunately, I can't establish a time line because I don't back up many discs and have simply been installing dvdfab over top of the old dvdfab.

Again, as for you solution, I've tried it with no luck. DVD Fab really needs to work on this issue and come up with a solution. If my dvdfab expires and they don't have a solution I'll be demanding a full refund. The software will be useless to me if it won't accept my registration key.

Comment

I have noticed some reports of similar problems and it seems to be related to versions of Vista Home.

Some users have been able to resolve the situation like this:-

Do a full uninstall of Fab.
                        Download the latest version of Fab to the "Desktop"
                        Right click on the Fab install and select "Run As Administrator"
                        Once Fab is installed, right click on the icon and again "Run As Administrator" and then paste your key into the relevant area (without the asterix)
                        Quit Fab and start it up again to see if the key held.

Comment

Greg,

With all due respect, did you even bother to read my last reply? I'm assuming that you didn't because your recommendation about uninstalling and reinstalling as an administrator is exactly what I did. I mentioned it in my last message. No, it did not work for me. Thank you for taking the time out to reply but it would have helped if you had read my last post as I had mentioned that I had already tried your suggestion via some comments I had received from support but it didn't work.

Thanks again.

Comment

Sorry, hard to keep track of what is in these long posts.

What version of Vista are you running?

And I know that this may be repetitive but are you actually running and installing as user "Administrator" or using your account which has administrative privileges?

Comment

Same non reg problem here

Hi.

I'm an old time registered user. Used DVDFab on XP and now under Vista with no problem till recently. On one of the auto updates, my registration reverted to trial version and says (for DVD to DVD) "expired" and I can't re"register"

I'm under Vista Family Premium SP2. I have uninstalled DVDFab, cleaned the registry, D/Led the latest version, asked for the registration key, reinstalled as admin, checked "Run as admin" for the .exe files. Tried to register by cut and paste the code, by double clicking the link and I still can't register. I get the trial version only.

Cleaning the registry gives me 30 days of trial once more but I'm not going to instal/uninstal all the time.

Thanks in advance for your help (or a new version) as we seem to be quite a lot with this registration problem...
                              Last edited by robrub; 11-21-2009, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X