Both previewers need fixing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both previewers need fixing

The internal previewer plays slow near frame by frame speed or plays correct speed 5 seconds then freezes also when changing to play another title after trying to play the first title the program will not play a second title it freezes or crashes and needs to close the program.Works this way by using the plus sign or using virtual drive to get the movie in Fab.It's been this way for some time now and makes it hard to see if the subtitles play proper because it just doesn't work correct.Another user also complained about this same issue awhile ago so it's just not me.Only puts up a (windows this program needs to close) sign nothing from Fab when program crashes.Using Windows 7 home, I7 QS latest drivers.Fab 9155 and older Fab version 9 with same results.No other programs besides background programs were running at the time.Plenty of memory and processor power are available.

Changing to Direct show previewer using it crashes the program right away and must close (windows message).

Tried it with different movies on hard drive same result.
    Last edited by glenns; 06-26-2014, 08:19 PM.

I'm using my graphics card now and not IQS, but I don't see this behavior with either preview engine
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Like I said it's been reported before don't know if it's something else interfering with it I just can't figure this one out.I have 321 media player and VLC media player for testing and Powerdvd 11 as my main player as it's 3d also.The Fab previewer is great for testing subtitles but if it don't work for me i wish I new why.The funny part is both previewers work fine in version 8.So why the problems with version 9?

I assume you know the newest QS driver now works in Fab and theirs about 42 fixes for 8.1 users in that update.

Comment

Found the problem Magic jack unplugged it from USB Jack then restarted computer and direct show started working again but internal still crashes before it was direct show that crashes.

Any way Magic jack should not interfere with version 9 of Fab but it did.Magic jack is unchecked in Fabs settings as it should be under drives as it shows up as one.

I plugged magic jack back in as it's my phone service and Fabs direct show previewer is still working.
        Both Version 8 previewers is unaffected by Magic jack so why did version 9 cause this?

I asked this once before but never received a Fab staff answer: Years ago Fab fixed a problem with using Magic jack with Fab why can't they make it work better together now? phone over the internet shouldn't have anything to do with why Fab doesn't work well with it installed on the same computer.

Comment

I can't see this either glenns. I use internal and tested it using v9.1.5.3.

DVDFab has always had a conflict with MJ, it uses disc I/O routines to talk to the OS, at least the original model did.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals you have a magic jack why not plug it in and see if your previewers work with magic jack installed?

Comment

I will as time permits, but I still think it is the MJ that needs fixing. Do you have the original (silver) or the new one (black)?
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Now I have the black one because i thought about unplugging it from the computer but it doesn't work well for me that way and the calls to voice mail don't get emailed to you.

Comment

Do they have magic jack in China? Maybe I will mail one to staff i still have the silver one around.Hell they may make them over their got to look at mine.

Comment

Working...
                  X