This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade from 9.1.5.9 failing QT plugin

Routine upgrades from 9.1.5.9 are failing with the same issue immediately post installation.
    Both 9160 and 9161 upgrades give an error message claiming the programme could not load or find "Qt platform plugin 'windows'". It then recommends re-installing.

I end up un-installing DVDFab altogether (keeping preferences) and then reinstall 9159.

It's a issue for me at the moment as I cannot do "2" pass rips due to the defect fixed in 9160.

Any clues as I cannot see the issue in the forum even historically.

Image attached as there are no logs I'm aware of for the issue.
    Attached Files

What is your OS and version? There was an update to Qt that was first in 9160 I believe.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

requested Sys config

Running 64 bit Win 7... chipset handles SSE screen shots for both attached as requested.

I read the SSE instruction but since I have it I have not touched that patch.
      Attached Files

Comment

You should not need the patch and I don't recommend you try it. I have the same OS and have not noticed this in 9160 or 9161, so it may be related to a Windows update or the version of some other OS component. I had to roll back a NET framework update a few months ago due to problems with several applications. I will relay this to the QA Team in Beijing for further testing.

I am moving your thread to General Questions since it does not appear to be related to the Ripper module.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Awaiting update

Thanks for prompt reply... I will await the update from the developers.

Comment

QT Plugin "windows" issue resolved.

With some support I tried various combinations of installing with AVG and webroot off, cleaning registries, etc... after reboot post uninstall. Hoping to remove whatever unique defect was blocking the installation as I seem to be a majority of 1.
            - I used the downloaded file and installed it with Admin rights.
            - I have not added anything new to the machine and windows patches are up todate.
            Same results.

HOWEVER... I thought to take a look at the C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 9 directory and found a load of residual files plus I noticed an additional historical "DVDFab 8 QT" directory with files left over from an old installation.

I deleted all of these, rebooted and 9161 installed fine. Apart from needing to add my credentials again, which was a small price to pay.

Conclusion... when all else fails go and make sure the stuff the uninstaller should remove has been.

Running it now to see if it works and "2 pass" is fixed as promised.

Thanks for the help in background, it was much appreciated.

Comment

Should you have any problems installing, the following thread in the Third Party Products sub-forum may be of some help.

It's possible that the file you downloaded may have been corrupted during download.

You may have noticed that lately the MD5 Checksum and other Checksums have been included with new downloads for integrity checks.
              Last edited by ゲゲゲの鬼太郎; 08-10-2014, 02:17 PM. Reason: Editing post

Comment

The DVDFab 8 or 8Qt folder should not have mattered, I and many others have all those versions and more installed with no interaction. It sounds like something you have installed was hindering DVDFab access to the registry, which is required for proper installation, removal and operation. The so-called 'clean uninstall' from your source is Band-Aid advice that does not prevent the same thing from happening in the future. Fix the real cause, your operating environment (browser and OS settings, security software settings etc.) if you want to be free of this annoying problem.

Comment

Working...
                X