Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use HD Decrypter instead of Blu Ray Copy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use HD Decrypter instead of Blu Ray Copy?

Hi,

I am new to this forum and hope I am in the right forum - I have an issue with DVD Fab's free HD Decrypter. Any help or info would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

I had DVD Fab installed for quite a while and copied a BluRay onto my harddisk. Haven't used it in a while and now needed to copy another BluRay. Not convert it into another format, just copy the main movie onto the harddrive.

I updated it to the current version (9.1.7.6), but when I inserted the BD, it told me I'd have to re-new DVD Fab BluRay Copy.

I thought the HD Decrypter could be used to just copy an HD movie onto the harddrive - and that this is a free module that wouldn't need to be registered?

I also installed PassKey in addition, in case that was needed - it told me I was testing Passkey BluRay, then after inserting the disc said I was using Lite and would need to get BluRay.

What am I doing wrong? How can I ask DVDFab to use the free HD Decrypter instead of BluRay Copy, which seems to have expired?

Thank you again,
    best regards,
    Chris

Chris
    What DVDFab is telling you is that the free version (HD Decrypter or Passkey Lite) is not able to decrypt the Blu-ray you are trying to transfer. The free versions are limited and do not have all the decryption updates that the registered versions have. Although they will still handle some discs, many discs will produce the message you received. The cheapest way around this is to renew your Blu-ray Copy license.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for the quick response!
      Just to be sure: So I would not need PassKey then, just BluRay Copy? I have not used it for quite a while - as I only need to copy the main movie, will it copy the movie as one single m2ts file or will it copy multiple m2ts files (like one for each chapter) as HD Decrypter did with DVDs?
      Thanks again!

Comment

You do not need Passkey in addition to DVDFab. The output in some cases may contain a single m2ts file but more often is several.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks! Then I guess BluRay ripper might be the right choice. I still have that left for testing in my DVDFab test installation. Wanted to try it out, but I get the same error message as before - I would have to renew BluRay Copy. But why if I'd like to use BluRay Ripper instead?

Comment

If you are in the US and your downloads of DVDFab are from a US IP address, you probably have the US version, which does not decrypt Blu-rays under any circumstances.

For a fuller explanation, read this FAQ on the DVDFab website: Disc Decryption FAQ

Comment

Thanks, but no - I downloaded it from Europe. Also, it worked (with regular Blu Ray copy) before that feature was deactivated. Now it seems, without Blu Ray copy none of the other features work?

Comment

For trial mode that may possibly be true, I have no easy way to test it but will try to find out. Start it up with a Blu-ray in your drive and post the DVDFab internal log session that it makes. A screen cap of the error message would also be helpful. HD Decrypter produces a message when the protections on a disc exceed its capabilities (which are limited for BD and DVD).

Comment

Working...
                X