Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newest Version Doesn't Allow for Compression to 4.7gb DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank Media Newest Version Doesn't Allow for Compression to 4.7gb DVD?

Hi everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to compress my DVD collection down from the usual dual-layer type size of around 12gb for newer movies, to the manageable 4.7gb standard single-layer DVDs (or to take up less space on my external hard-drive).

I looked through all the general settings and advanced settings. I am paid up and good to go on my software... but all my movies I've been working on lately have been saving at full resolution/size for some reason after the update last week.

Any help, please?

Make sure you're not overlooking setting the output size to DVD5.
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Awe man, I actually did that... yet DVDFab is still saving the target file as a full size DVD - shucks!! Any other trouble shooting tips?

Comment

Yeah check your license and make sure you're activated, if not it won't compress.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah check your license and make sure you're activated, if not it won't compress.
          Thanks, checking now...

YES, on the start-up screen it shows DVD Copy as ACTIVATED and says it will "never expire"

Comment

I've never run across this pal, you might uninstall Fab, scrub the registry with Ccleaner and reinstall. Might have been a glitch somewhere along the way. Download the install the installer to your computer, right click on it and run as Administrator - even if you are the administrator on the computer.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi TheGrimRipper
              I have not heard of anyone else having this problem either. What option are you using in copy eg. full disc, main movie, clone?
              Post your internal log file for your attempts which fail in compressing.
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                Hi TheGrimRipper
                I have not heard of anyone else having this problem either. What option are you using in copy eg. full disc, main movie, clone?
                Post your internal log file for your attempts which fail in compressing.
                CBR929
                I am trying to convert more of my recent purchases to digital format to begin forming an "instant access" home theater system using my PS3 and a Windows PC connected via the WiFi network... but, even after two updates the last week or so, the DVDs CONTINUE to copy in full 7-8gb sizes; basically taking up double the amount of space on my external HDD.

Would you mind please telling me how to post the internal log file? I am at my laptop right now copying a few of my discs, so I will post a screen shot as soon as I better understand what you're asking for. THANKS!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrimRipper View Post
                  I am trying to convert more of my recent purchases to digital format to begin forming an "instant access" home theater system using my PS3 and a Windows PC connected via the WiFi network... but, even after two updates the last week or so, the DVDs CONTINUE to copy in full 7-8gb sizes; basically taking up double the amount of space on my external HDD.

Would you mind please telling me how to post the internal log file? I am at my laptop right now copying a few of my discs, so I will post a screen shot as soon as I better understand what you're asking for. THANKS!!
                  read here - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5

Comment

INTERNAL LOG FILE (attached)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Which title are you having trouble with? Any title that you try to put on DVD-5? If so, I can't duplicate the problem with v9.1.7.9, which is the current version. It compresses perfectly. Please update to the current version and make a new log, and post only the new log session, not the entire log file. The instructions for this are in the link.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        Which title are you having trouble with? Any title that you try to put on DVD-5? If so, I can't duplicate the problem with v9.1.7.9, which is the current version. It compresses perfectly. Please update to the current version and make a new log, and post only the new log session, not the entire log file. The instructions for this are in the link.
                        This past week I have tried Expendables 3, How to Train Your Dragon 2, and a few others like Christmas classics I've had for years (like Polar Express), and just can't seem to get it to copy to a 4gb .ISO file like it has for years since I purchased and started using DVDFab

Comment

Hi 90312...

I just checked my screen, and I don't even have the choice to change the output size (toggle between DVD5 and the dual-layer DVD9) that showed up on your attached image -- here is mine (attached):
                          Attached Files

Comment

*I THINK I HAVE IT FIGURED OUT!

DVDFab has somehow defaulted over to "DVD Clone" along the way for some reason... once I toggled over to MAIN MOVIE I am not able to select the output size to correspond with DVD5 data compression!

QUESTION: Is there anything I can do with the few files I've burned over the week that are already .ISO files on my HDD, and "shrink" those .ISO files down to DVD5 size, or do I absolutely have to go grab the discs and start from scratch?

Comment

Clone is a 1 to 1 copy and there is no size selection. Select full disk if you want the menus and extra stuff. And yes you can select the iso on the HDD as the source and compress.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X