I want my DVDFab 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want my DVDFab 9

A little over two weeks ago my DVDFab 9 just ceased to function. It brings up the splash screen, appears to be checking the internet, then crashes when I click twice on the splash screen. I also have 5 old versions 5, 6, 7 and two versions of 8 that will no longer load. They show on the processes tab of Task Manager but never appear.

I always install as admin and run the program as admin.

I have tried everything discussed on the forum, Uninstall, CCleaner, Updating my video card driver, etc.

The only files in the DVDFab 9 log folder are dvdfab_internal.log (which wrote itself the last time I did a fresh install) and fabcheck_internal.log (which is modified each time I try to run DVDFab 9).

HELP!

dvdfab_internal.log

0m 00.02s:

DVDFab 9.1.7.9 (2014/12/14 11:53:08)

0m 00.02s: Init Public log : enabled.
    0m 00.02s: Init Private log : finish.
    0m 00.02s: App info: 2014-12-11
    0m 00.02s: App info: 9.1.7.9 9179 Official
    0m 00.02s: Init CrashReportSettings : disabled.
    0m 00.02s: Init DVDInfo_Log : enabled.
    0m 00.02s: Init Qt_Log : disabled.
    0m 00.28s: Profile Manager :: Begin Load Profile
    0m 00.28s: Qt Translator file load success
    0m 00.28s: App info: client type 2.
    0m 00.31s: Init process: Transfer settings successful.
    0m 00.31s: warning: MyPlay: invalid gpu detect handle
    0m 00.31s: GPU check: GPUAccelerate-0
    0m 00.31s: GPU check: GPUAccelerate setting-0, 0
    0m 00.31s: GPU check: CUDA cap-0
    0m 00.31s: GPU check: Support coreavc decode-0
    0m 00.31s: GPU check: Lighting shrink status-0, 0
    0m 00.31s: Init process: first run after install.
    0m 00.32s: Init process: Load config successful.
    0m 00.32s: Init process: Windows os type is 32bit System Windows Vista.
    0m 00.32s: Init process: command line in is /install /language "English"
    0m 00.44s: Install Update Language: language file is C:/Program Files/DVDFab 9/QLanguage/FabQt_ENU.qm .
    0m 00.47s: Init process: install process.
    0m 01.37s: Profile Manager :: End Load Profile
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fred_Fish; 12-24-2014, 04:43 AM.

Hi Fred, you are already doing all the right things. Try downloading the full installer for v9.1.8.0 and run it without uninstalling or cleaning anything and post the internal log if it makes one. Seems to be something pretty basic in your PC if all the old versions won't start either. Don't double click on the splash screen, it won't help.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Hi Fred, you are already doing all the right things. Try downloading the full installer for v9.1.8.0 and run it without uninstalling or cleaning anything and post the internal log if it makes one. Seems to be something pretty basic in your PC if all the old versions won't start either. Don't double click on the splash screen, it won't help.
      I've already installed 9180 as you suggested, same deal. The fabcheck_internal.log shows modified each time I try to run 9 but I can't make anything of it.

Clicking twice on the splash screen is the only way to get rid of it short of ending the process in task manager. I've let it sit 20 or 30 minutes and still same result.

Comment

Hi,

Please post the full DVDFab internal log file. Thanks!

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
          Hi,

Please post the full DVDFab internal log file. Thanks!

Wilson

I posted everything there is.
          Last edited by CBR929; 12-25-2014, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Fred, please try v9.1.8.1 (full download from the link) and post the log file if it creates one.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              Fred, please try v9.1.8.1 (full download from the link) and post the log file if it creates one.
              I installed 8.1 and same thing. dvdfab_internal.log did not change.
              Attached Files

Comment

Wilson requested the full internal log, not the fabcheck log. Please see if you can find one written by 9181 and post the complete log session, which begins with the version number and date. The filename is DVDFab_internal.log.

Comment

As I said the only dvdfab_internal log that was written was when I installed after uninstalling and deleting all relative files and folders and is shown in post #1. To get another one I guess I could do another uninstall and install but I suspect it will be very similar to the one above.

Comment

A bit of an update. I renamed the two log files and ran DVDFab thinking it might possibilty write dvdfab_internal.log again with some kind of useful info.

Apparently dvdfab_internal.log was written during the fresh install and was not written again.

fabcheck_internal.log was written.

Comment

It may have been written in a different place. Use the search tool in windows explorer and see if it can find the filename dvdfab_internal.log.

Comment

nope

Comment

Hi Fred_Fish
                          Any idea what this is in your log?
                          0m 00.31s: warning: MyPlay: invalid gpu detect handle
                          If this is a program it may be preventing DVD Fab from running.
                          If this has control of your drives filters it may be preventing Fab from reading a disc and or running properly.

Please install ImgBurn found here http://filehippo.com/download_imgburn/
                          Please Open ImgBurn > Tools > Filter Driver Load Order and post what is listed.
                          CBR929
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I have no idea what MyPlay is.

===============================================
                            Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.8.0
                            ===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
                            Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
                            Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
                            Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
                            Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: PxHelp20
                            File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
                            File Version: 3.00.93.0 [3.0.93.0]
                            File Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
                            Product Name: PxHelp20
                            Product Version: [2.0.0.0]
                            Company Name: Sonic Solutions
                            Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions

BTW other dvd copy software works.
                            Last edited by Fred_Fish; 12-25-2014, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred_Fish View Post
                              I have no idea what MyPlay is.
                              BTW other dvd copy software works.
                              Hi Fred_Fish
                              Some burning programs take control of your drives filters and becomes the "bully on the block" which means that the program will not let any other software use your drive, only itself.
                              I believe this driver Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20 is associated with Roxie and Sonic Solutions and should be deleted.
                              To do so open ImgBurn Tools > Filter Driver Load Order > click the filter to highlight it, select remove filter click OK, you may have to restart your computer.
                              Remember whatever program installed this filter may stop working after removing it and you acknowledge this and take full responsibility in doing so.
                              Hope this helps
                              CBR929
                              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X