9.2.0.0 Crash dumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.2.0.0 Crash dumps

Everytime I load DVDFab 9.2.0.0 I get a memory crash dump file of 65mb, even if I do nothing. There is no error reported and all looks fine. Using Win 8.1 (uuugggghhhhh!) 64bit

Thanks!

Best

Sorry, the location of these files is C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\CrashDumps

One file (64Mb) is created each time DVDFab is started, not when it terminates.

Thanks

Can't duplicate this on Win7 (64). Does Fab run normally after it opens? If it creates any log files after this happens, please post them.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Log Files

Hi. I attach the 3 log files (zipped). 9.2.0.0 does seem to work okay after it starts. I can send VS2013 screen prints of the dmp info (zipped the dmp file is 12mb...)

I appreciate you looking into this. I don't even have a previous version to try.

Best
      Hugh
      Attached Files

Comment

The dump is too large for the forum, they may ask you to email it or upload it to the Fab ftp site. The QA Team in Beijing will be online in about 4 hours, I have sent them a link to your thread.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

No worries. I'll arrange a copy to be available. Also, I'll keep this thread alerted to what the outcome might be.

Best

Comment

I can't duplicate it on W8.1x64 either. I would uninstall it, scrub the registry and install from a fresh download.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Okay... how to "scrub" registry? I'll try uninstall first.

Comment

You can download a free version of ccleaner and scan the registry until it finds no problems, may take two or three scans. You need not save the registry when prompted, I haven't in years without problems. I recommend the Pro version of Ccleaner, it does so many things so well I don't have a computer without it.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Well... I totally uninstalled AND used CCleaner and "scrubbed" thru the registry and removed anything that had DVDFAB on it.
                  I then restarted.
                  I then downloaded a fresh copy.
                  Reinstall 9.2.0.0
                  Start and reactivated

Same crash dumps.

See attached for VS2013 info
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks like maybe Virtual Studio 2013 and DVDFab 9.2.0.0 don't play well together?

Albert Einstein

Comment

All I did was double-click the dmp file and it opened it up and displayed the dump in VS2013.

Comment

They are checking this in Beijing also. Are you installing and running from an Admin account or "As Administrator"?

Comment

Please also check the list found at Computer Management->System Tools->Event Viewer->Windows Logs->Application to see if it shows DVDFab on the list (in the Source column).

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                            Please also check the list found at Computer Management->System Tools->Event Viewer->Windows Logs->Application to see if it shows DVDFab on the list (in the Source column).
                            Here is the XML

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
                            - <System>
                            <Provider Name="Application Error" />
                            <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
                            <Level>2</Level>
                            <Task>100</Task>
                            <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
                            <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-05-20T08:26:39.000000000Z" />
                            <EventRecordID>43193</EventRecordID>
                            <Channel>Application</Channel>
                            <Computer>X99Deluxe5960x</Computer>
                            <Security />
                            </System>
                            - <EventData>
                            <Data>DVDFab.exe</Data>
                            <Data>9.2.0.0</Data>
                            <Data>5559aa67</Data>
                            <Data>unknown</Data>
                            <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
                            <Data>00000000</Data>
                            <Data>c0000005</Data>
                            <Data>672b93a0</Data>
                            <Data>1218</Data>
                            <Data>01d092d6b1701b42</Data>
                            <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 9\DVDFab.exe</Data>
                            <Data>unknown</Data>
                            <Data>ef1f27f5-fec9-11e4-83b9-40e2303c6022</Data>
                            <Data />
                            <Data />
                            </EventData>
                            </Event>

Comment

Well things get worse. This issue was never followed up on for a year now. There is still an issue and DVDFab team seem oblivious...

I've reported having this problem several months ago - see my previous posts. I had same issues with Win 8.1 and a crash dump file was created - 65mb. Then I installed Win 10 and the issues seemed to disappear.... seemed to... NOW, now I get 5 crash dump files, 66mb each!!! Everytime I fire up DVDFab!

they are named:
                              DVDFab.exe.nnnn.dmp 66,603KB
                              DVDFab.exe(1).nnnn.dmp 66,657KB
                              DVDFab.exe(2).nnnn.dmp 66,656KB
                              DVDFab.exe(3).nnnn.dmp 66,663KB
                              DVDFab.exe(4).nnnn.dmp 66,662KB

(nnnn is a random 4 digit number)

Program seems fine... seems fine.

I'm confused.. is there anybody out there??????

Best

DVDFab 9.2.3.7

Comment

Working...
                              X