9.2.0.0 Crash dumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panchdara View Post
    Well things get worse. This issue was never followed up on for a year now. There is still an issue and DVDFab team seem oblivious...

I've reported having this problem several months ago - see my previous posts. I had same issues with Win 8.1 and a crash dump file was created - 65mb. Then I installed Win 10 and the issues seemed to disappear.... seemed to... NOW, now I get 5 crash dump files, 66mb each!!! Everytime I fire up DVDFab!

they are named:
    DVDFab.exe.nnnn.dmp 66,603KB
    DVDFab.exe(1).nnnn.dmp 66,657KB
    DVDFab.exe(2).nnnn.dmp 66,656KB
    DVDFab.exe(3).nnnn.dmp 66,663KB
    DVDFab.exe(4).nnnn.dmp 66,662KB

(nnnn is a random 4 digit number)

Program seems fine... seems fine.

I'm confused.. is there anybody out there??????

Best

DVDFab 9.2.3.7
    try running dvdfab in windows 7 compatibility mode.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      try running dvdfab in windows 7 compatibility mode.
      Thanks for that... but nope, I still get 5 crash dump files. It seems to work, but I can't afford 1gb wasted space each 3 times I run this.

Oh well... perhaps I'll find an alternative, or just have to warn myself to delete those dumps.

Cheers

Comment

This sounds like a conflict with something else that you have installed. Clearly something in the software or hardware environment is not liking DVDfab.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          This sounds like a conflict with something else that you have installed. Clearly something in the software or hardware environment is not liking DVDfab.
          NVIDIA drivers? No DVD attached? (tower with no internal place for DVD/BD drive so I use external USB when I need it.) Unfortunately my upload speed is only 20k (thanks BT!) so it'll take years to send 300mb to a pickup point.

And, if I may, your saying "Clearly something in the software or hardware environment is not liking DVDfab", I think quite the opposite, rather there is something that DVDFab is not liking.

Comment

does your computer have any other dvd ripping tools installed
            or any other software that you've installed recently ??

Comment

Hi Panchdara
              Please uninstall DVDFab using the uninstaller, clean the computer using the cleaner option in CCleaner with Old Prefetch Data checked in Advanced options until nothing is found, then use the registry option to clean the registry until nothing is found.
              Now download the latest version of DVDFab to your downloads folder, browse to your folder, right click the DVDFab installer and choose Run as Administrator.
              Hope this helps
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks CBR929 - but no cigar. Same 5 memory dump files, each about 66mb. The program seems to work as it should, just I have to make sure I delete 1/3gb routinely.

btw - I have 2 CB919F (CB900F-5) Nice grunters around the TT Mountain Course!

PS. Using DVDFAB 9.2.3.9.
                Win 10 [10.0.10586]

Oh well....

Comment

Hi Panchdara
                  Sorry that it is still giving you problems. Did you use the latest version of Fab and also install as administrator per my instructions?
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Panchdara have you tried disabling error reporting in Action Center?
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                      Panchdara have you tried disabling error reporting in Action Center?
                      Well, under my version of Windows 10 there is no option to disable error reporting, HOWEVER, HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Error Reporting there is a DWORD key "disabled" that was set to 0 and I set to 1. So I disabled error reporting manually -

Still SAME 333mb crash dump files. These can easily be seen in CCleaner. EVERY time I start DVDFab these 5 files are created.... a no-brainer really as I just have to remember to run CCleaner every time.

Win 10.0.10586 ACTIVATED. DVDFab 9.2.4.2

Normal Windows Cleanup won't show these files. They are located %user%\appdata\local\crashdumps

Thanks for you guys. I'm sure there is a simple explanation... always easy when you know the answer.

Best

Comment

Working...
                      X