Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt any email to email's were done as most users take the time not to expose their email address on a forum (for very good reasons).

Spammers are dispictable. Having nothing better to do than surf forums looking for users to send PMs too. Sad little people who are pathetic. I've heard of bots surfing forums for email addresses. Dunno if a bot could this with PMs or not.
    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
      I have email notification on PM turned on so I get this as soon as the PM is created:
      Same here...btw according to FireFox, the link is to a harmful site!
      Last edited by GP45; 01-15-2010, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        The user has been deleted and the spam PMs have been deleted from every user's account. We regret this, but it is very difficult to control.
        I must have beat you to it and no problem. As soon as i saw it i knew it was spam
        "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Additional info:

Users are now limited to 2 recipients for any PM and can only send 2 PMs in any 15 minute period and must wait 60 seconds between sending the next PM after sending one. Sorry this was necessary. The spammer's IP address was in Germany and he sent 954 PMs. This took more effort than most of them are willing to exert. There will be other unpublicized changes to try to prevent this from happening again.

Where ya been, Bobbo?
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Fine with me and thanks again signals

Comment

i never recieved a pm of this.

i kinda feel left out

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                I must have beat you to it and no problem. As soon as i saw it i knew it was spam
                I also deleated my own

some Spam you can see a mile away ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  Where ya been, Bobbo?
                  oops didn't see this

Right here Paul and Happy Caturday

Comment

Working...
                  X