Freezes my PC solid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezes my PC solid

Installation of DVDFab9 will freeze my PC solid. Only way out is to hard reboot.
    tried the simple answers from support:
    1. Delete all files pertaining to dvdfab;
    2. re-install as admin;
    3. startup as admin;

Most of the time, I am not even able to finish installation: hdd activity led stays on and by that time the PC is frozen solid.

I have no other problems with this PC: 4790k, 16gig ram, Asus Max formula vll mb, GTX980.
    Latest updates and drivers.
    Anyone has any ideas??
    Pierre

You failed to include what OS you are using.

Comment

Pierre, no one else is reporting anything like this on a modern high performance platform such as yours. If you are running a conventional OS such as Win 7 or 8/8.1, the most common cause is a delay or block caused by anti-virus or malware software. Please see if DVDFab is generating an internal log and post it if so, and check the logs of your protection software to see if it shows any DVDFab components as being blocked or quarantined. There are sometimes conflicts with nvidia drivers as well, but the only known recent one has been cleared, so please give us the actual number for your nvidia driver.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Video driver is 353.30.
        Did a full clean/reinstall of the video drivers.
        Re-installed 9202. Turned off Antivirus. No superfluous process: 49
        HDD led stays on at the end of the install. Windows sound is heard like a new event has occurred and as expected : complete freeze of the PC.
        Running Win7x64 Ultimate
        Hope the logs will help.
        Pierre
        Attached Files

Comment

I do not see anything obvious in either log, except perhaps that Fab seems to be in trial mode, i.e. license not activated or is unable to reach the reg check server. I will ask the QA Team to check it in more detail. Please verify that DVDFab's access to the internet is not firewalled or otherwise restricted.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The trial mode should be disregarded: it is a test I made in Safe Mode and checked Trial mode. But it froze the PC all the same

Comment

Maybe a bad download?
              Visualize Whirled Peas.

Comment

Downloaded many times (10+) with download manager

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  Pierre, no one else is reporting anything like this on a modern high performance platform such as yours. If you are running a conventional OS such as Win 7 or 8/8.1, the most common cause is a delay or block caused by anti-virus or malware software....
                  Pierre,

I can also confirm that DVDFab 9.2.0.2 is running perfectly fine using Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Build: 10240 - Indeed, DVDFab 9 has so-far worked fine with all fifteen builds of Win 10
                  I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                  I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Can someone send me a list of their Win7 services (all of them) so that I can compare and see if one if off.
                    Tks

Comment

Gone through that already. No joy.
                      There were only one or two services and were not on and that did not make a difference.
                      I am at a loss here.

Comment

Have you done a clean uninstall of DVDFab? Unistall, go into Windows/prefetch and delete all files that have anything to do with Fab and then Ccleaner on the registry until it finds no problems. There is a free version of Ccleaner that does the job nicely. Install as administrator from a fresh download. May be a registry SNAFU?
                        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes, did that. No joy

Comment

Next on my list is running msconfig and disabling all startup programs to check conflicts.
                            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Did that too and no success.
                              Tried 9205 and still freezes.
                              Pierre

note: I believe DVDFab has a problem with the new GTX980Strix fm Asus

Comment

Working...
                              X