Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.2.3.7 Startup Time

Hi,

I have a question: The Startup Time of the Current Version of DVDFab (and also the last 2 oder 3 Versions) takes a very very long time, up to 1 Minute.

Using Up to date Version of Windws 10.

I wasn´t sure if this is a result of Windows 10, i installed Version 9.2.2.8 next to 9.2.3.7 and look the Startup just takes seconds as normally.

What is the reason for this ? What can i do to speed up startup 9.2.3.7 ?

Its very annoying to wait up to 1 Minute...

Hi Darkside23
    I just installed 9237 to reproduce this and it starts up fine for me. I install all my programs as administrator maybe give that a try if you installed it normally.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi CBR929,

Well, now i made a clean install, deinstalled all Versions and and run the Setup as an Admin (i am always logged in as an Admin anyway). Startup Time is not faster now. Startup of Version 9.2.2.8 is still very fast...
      Last edited by Darkside23; 04-03-2016, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I can't reproduce this either with 9237. Start it with no discs in your optical drives and post the DVDFab internal log.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

v9.2.3.7 won't load at all

I just allowed DVD Copy to perform the auto-update feature with v9.2.3.7 as I've done countless times when a new update is available - now it won't start at all. I uninstalled it, then downloaded the .exe from the website and re-installed. No error messages on the install, but but won't start at all. When I click on the shortcut, it appears to start, but never loads - I waited 3 minutes - nothing...

First time this has happened...

Running Windows 10 64-bit

Comment

Hi Nitro_C
            Did you install the exe file as administrator??? I am also running Windows10 64-bit.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

I never had to before, but I tried your suggestion anyway. Same results. I uninstalled DVDFab again, right-clicked on the DVDFab9237.exe file and clicked 'Run as Administrator'. It did the same as before - appeared to install correctly, but won't load. When I click on the shortcut, the little blue circle appears for about 2 seconds and goes away - the program never loads....weird...

Comment

@ CBR929,
                Just for giggles, I uninstalled v9.2.3.7 again and installed the latest version 9x that I have on my hardrive (v9.2.1.9) and it installed and loads normally. Something in my setup doesn't like v9.2.3.7. Never had this problem before...

Comment

@ CBR929,
                  I didn't pay attention (and don't remember) what version 9x I was running before I let the auto-update run for v9.2.3.7, but it was at least a couple of versions old (but definitely newer than v9.2.1.9)...

Comment

@ CBR929
                    Just to verify, I went ahead and let the Live Update run to update v9.2.1.9 to v9.2.3.7 and now it won't load again... I'm going to go outside and mow the lawn and trim some palm trees. I'll try back later.

Comment

Ever since the release of v9.2.3.2 Beta it's been slow on loading.
                      Something in here has changed it but have no idea what.

New: Added a new feature to send feedbacks quickly.
                      New: Added the support to remove Cinavia watermarks found on the movie Everest 3D and Hysteria.
                      New: Added the support to display DTS:X and Dolby Atmos audio type in the BDInfo report and the Audio Track list.
                      New: Improved the speed of opening Blu-ray sources.
                      New: Added the “Web Optimized” option in Advanced Settings of mp4 profiles.
                      Fix: The problem that creating protected Blu-ray ISO files doesn't work well if the drive/disc communication is bus encrypted.
                      Fix: An oversize problem when compressing Blu-ray sources to BD25 size in certain cases.
                      Fix: A failure problem when converting Blu-ray sources to mp4 files in certain cases.
                      Fix: A failure problem when converting DTS/4.1 audio tracks in Blu-ray Ripper.
                      Fix: Some minor changes and improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro_C View Post
                        @ CBR929
                        Just to verify, I went ahead and let the Live Update run to update v9.2.1.9 to v9.2.3.7 and now it won't load again... I'm going to go outside and mow the lawn and trim some palm trees. I'll try back later.
                        I never use the auto update, I download the installer to a folder and install it as administrator never had a problem.
                        It's blowing and snowing here want to come over and shovel some snow???
                        I like version 9228, though it is not supported I keep all installers of Fab just in case I need to roll back to a previous version.
                        @ Nitro_C & AcIDc0r3 if using a video card maybe try updating your GPU drivers mines working fine.
                        CBR929

Comment

@ CBR929

Hmmm...let me think on that....it's been about 15 years since I had to shovel any snow - I actually miss it a little - especially when I'm on top of a 15 ft. ladder trimming palm fronds.

I had been keeping all the individual Fab installers, too, but it appears I've gotten lazy and began using the Live Update feature, since the most current v9x installer I have is 9.2.1.9. I even still have most of the v8x files, too. There's nowhere to download v9.2.2.8 is there? Seems there is no archive of older files.

Regarding slow load times - I've not really noticed any lag time loading Fab up until 9.2.3.7, and it won't load at all. My system is an Intel i7, 3.1 GHz processor with 16GB ram and a SSDD. Most ALL programs load in the wink of an eye. I attributed the somewhat slower load time of DVDFab v9x to the fact that it was connecting to the online Mother Ship every time it loaded. And, I've got my AMD Catalyst Control Center ticked to continually check for GPU driver updates, as I do a lot of CAD work as well as photo and video editing. Oh well, I guess I'll have to revert back to v9.2.1.9 since that's the latest I have until something is resolved. I don't use DVDFab as much as I used to since the Cinavia crap is getting more and more common. I don't copy Blu-Rays because I can't find dual layer BDs to burn them to - and the whole premise behind BDs is the quality anyway - why give up quality by compressing the file? I just purchase the BD if it's one I want to add to my extensive collection.

Thanks for all the recommendations, though, CBR929 - I really appreciate it.

Mike

Comment

To all please post the DVDFab internal log using the instructions in the link in my signature.
                            CBR929

Comment

Here's my log file, thank you.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X