Problem with latest version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with latest version

I installed version9.3.0.2 and the main window is black. All I can see is the left side that tells me that I'm copying the main movie and so on.please help

The latest version is now v9.3.0.3, please try it and see if the problem continues.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

v9.3.0.3.

I have tried to install the newest version v9.3.0.3 again today as I could not get it to work 2 days ago. It is still doing the same thing with the same error message.

Comment

Hi version 9.3.0.3 did not fix my problem

Comment

dbagger
          Please attach the fabcheck log. If you are running XP, it is no longer supported.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I don't know how to post internal fabcheck and I'm running windows7

Comment

latest version

Attached Files

Comment

This is being checked.

Comment

Hi signals. I appreciate u looking into this for me. I just installed the latest version 9304 and as expected I have the same problem. So I tried making the black screen smaller and got an message saying dvdfab encountered a problem and has to close. It wanted to access the internet to report the problem so I hit cancel. It then asked me if I would like to restart the program and I did. Now it works fine. I then closed the program and restarted it only to have the black screen again. I repeated the same steps as before trying to adjust the black screen and it tells me there is a problem and needs to close. When it asked iff I want to restart I do and it works fine again. Hopefully this will help diagnose the problem

Comment

Hi. I still haven't heard anything on my problem with the black screen yet. Was wondering the status on that. Also it seems alot of people are having trouble with the 9.3's version of the software. So it seems that once the xp support was taken out is when all the problems started. I know Nothing about software creation but maybe I can suggest that xp be supported again.

Comment

Black screen

Originally posted by dbagger View Post
                      Hi. I still haven't heard anything on my problem with the black screen yet. Was wondering the status on that. Also it seems alot of people are having trouble with the 9.3's version of the software. So it seems that once the xp support was taken out is when all the problems started. I know Nothing about software creation but maybe I can suggest that xp be supported again.
                      Strange problem there. If you can boot your desktop into safe mode, see what happens with dvdfab then when you open it.

Comment

Good ole days

you are probable installing into a old version of dvdfab when you update a bad version sometimes it keeps the old problem try changing the directory to a new folder when you update. Just make a new folder an named it dvdfab ( do this in advance to have it ready) when installing read each line at each mouse click when it shows the directory browse for your new file location, then installed the program there I do not allow it to make any changes to my computer as far as startup icons then I rename the folder with a number (like dvdfab 01 then 02 an so on) each time I update. Then open the folder with file explorer and double click on the (dvdfab.exe) I know this is old school but it works. Save these folders each time you update to fall back on if a new update does not work to suit you just drop back to one that does. If you don't know how to make a folder just google it.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I restored my computer to an earlier time and the latest version is working now. Now my antivirus software doesn't work. Maybe that was the problem.

Comment

Good ole days

when you update they don't change every line of code when I updated mine (9304 and 9305), the body of the interface sometimes is not there I can see my desktop until the line of code is changed it will not fix a clear window. As I mention in my last post install each new update to a new folder you prevent it from writing over a version that works. You really have to give these guys at dvdfab a lot of credit for maintaining our program. As for your roll back in your restore you probably went back to a date before your virus program was installed or it thinks you did don't you just computers. I'm using win 10 and the windows defender so far every things works good.

Comment

All,
                              Recent versions contain updates to DVDFab internal components related to the Qt development environment that is used to create it. For this reason, these versions require a full update and will not work as anticipated if you are trying to maintain (for instance) v9.3.0.5 and v9.3.0.6 on the same machine. (recent versions that contain outdated internal files will be deleted or overwritten). The installer may ask for a reboot after running. A good suggestion is to use a full download of the installer and run it using the As Administrator context menu option.

Comment

Working...
                              X