This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Maximum uses per day?

I have DVDfab v10.4.2 installed and I was ripping my new DR Game of Thrones collection to replace my older DVD I have in my library and this message popped up today. So am I to believe there is a limit to how many uses per day of DVDfab? I have the lifetime/never expire for my suite.

See attachment for screen shot of error message.
    Attached Files

There is indeed a limit now (10 discs, applies only to BDs), designed to provide better service for all users. With all the decryption data for most BDs now being supplied by the servers, along with registration data and Cinavia Removal repair files (BD and DVD now as well) it was necessary to place a ceiling on daily use. Some users were doing 60+ discs per day! How can there be a legitimate reason for so many? I can't imagine, but I know that whatever the reason, such a load slowed down service for everyone, even crashing the servers on a few occasions. With the new limit, the product will start faster and will get the data it needs from the server faster, to the benefit of all.

While this may occasionally inconvenience a user such as yourself with the time to undertake such a big project in a day, the average user (1-5 discs per day) will see improved performance. I hope everyone can understand the reasoning.

Note also that:
    • If you open the same disc more than once, it only counts as one use.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok, thats reasonable. I just couldn't find any information on it listed anywhere and thought maybe my registration was messed up or something because I just bought the lifetime DVD/BD Cinavia license. I bought the BD box set of seasons 1-6 or GoT and ripping them to replace my older DVD rips I made over the years and using CUDA and my new GTX1070 they were ripping to mp4 pretty fast.

Comment

We appreciate your understanding, hope everyone can agree.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I find that limit quite annoying, especially since I make no use of the cinavia removal feature. 10 discs not even enough to do 2 TV Show Seasons.

I can see how the download size needed for the cinavia removal can be a burden on the servers, but for the rest, I fail to see it.

Comment

Decryption for many discs is cloud-based now, the Cinavia Removal just makes it worse. And the limit applies only to Blu-ray, not DVD. I know you process many discs, which has benefited many users through your contributions to MetaInfo, and I hate for anything to slow that down. Perhaps this limit won't last forever.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              We appreciate your understanding, hope everyone can agree.
              Sorry I don't agree, we paid what can only be said to be a high price tag for this software now to be told there is a limit to how many times we can use it.
              I don't use of the Cinavia module so it should have no effect on me.
              Fair enough if I was using it I can understand, but for just ripping a disk this is absurd and very annoying.

Comment

As a suggestion, maybe you ought to allow people to use their FC's to purchase a higher maximum use per day.

It might help you get more people uploading meta info

Comment

Hi Flabber,
                  You do more than 10 different Blu-rays per day?

@Darkore
                  Not sure if that could be worked out but it would be a good idea.

Comment

Hi Flabber,
                    You do more than 10 different Blu-rays per day?

@Darkore
                    Not sure if that could be worked out but it would be a good idea.
                    Hi Signals,
                    For 320 days of the year I probably don't use DVDFab at all, for 40 days of the year I might do 1 Blu-ray, for the other 4 days I might do 2 or 3, today I was backing up a couple of TV series I just purchased. So no I don't don't do 10 blu-rays a day but the one day I do I get penalized.

Maybe if we are to be penalized for using more than 10 a day we should get credits for all the days we didn't use it.
                    Last edited by Flabber; 07-12-2017, 02:27 AM.

Comment

I think you know that is unrealistic. TV series seems to be the thing that has caused the only questions about this, the OP was doing the same thing. I'm afraid we must all put up with it at least for the time being, perhaps an improvement in the future. I understand your frustration, it was done to protect users just like you that use the product normally so that it would always be available.

Comment

There is indeed a limit now (10 discs, applies only to BDs), designed to provide better service for all users. With all the decryption data for most BDs now being supplied by the servers, along with registration data and Cinavia Removal repair files (BD and DVD now as well) it was necessary to place a ceiling on daily use. Some users were doing 60+ discs per day! How can there be a legitimate reason for so many? I can't imagine, but I know that whatever the reason, such a load slowed down service for everyone, even crashing the servers on a few occasions. With the new limit, the product will start faster and will get the data it needs from the server faster, to the benefit of all.

While this may occasionally inconvenience a user such as yourself with the time to undertake such a big project in a day, the average user (1-5 discs per day) will see improved performance. I hope everyone can understand the reasoning.

Note also that:
                        • If you open the same disc more than once, it only counts as one use.
                        This is absurd ten bluray limit for customers that purchase the program.

Never in my life have I seen a limit put on a bluray program that you purchase like this and this should be displayed on the Fab purchase page in big letters.

Fab can purchase more server/ bandwidth space to handle what we have all purchased.

I was going to purchase the Fab media server today but after reading this thread I won't.

Comment

I would ask everyone to be realistic about this and to add to the discussion if you can give an example of how the limit has actually inconvenienced you, not just because you don't like it; nobody likes it.

Comment

For gosh sake, 10 is plenty, this program is meant for a backup of an original, I cant see anyone ever buying 10 new movies a day to backup, this is absolutely fair. If someone didn't post it, I never would have ever realized it. I actually like it, it makes sure people are not abusing the program for personal profit and thereby giving the program a bad name. I think its absolutely fair.
                            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                              For gosh sake, 10 is plenty, this program is meant for a backup of an original, I cant see anyone ever buying 10 new movies a day to backup, this is absolutely fair. If someone didn't post it, I never would have ever realized it. I actually like it, it makes sure people are not abusing the program for personal profit and thereby giving the program a bad name. I think its absolutely fair.
                              I agree!!!
                              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X