No announcement yet.

Unable to upload any files/pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried again & I didn't find anything for "remove links".
    While there I went to the bottom of the post with "start a new paragraph" & used backspace.
    That removed the link or the URL code line from Photobucket.
    So fixed now. I wouldn't have found a way to do this without your suggestion .

Comment

All,
      Please do not use offsite links for post images, if you change image hosts the current ones here will disappear and future users won't be able to see them. If there is a problem with them here, we will fix it.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        All,
        Please do not use offsite links for post images, if you change image hosts the current ones here will disappear and future users won't be able to see them. If there is a problem with them here, we will fix it.
        The one I did from an image hosting site was just for testing when I couldn't upload any images.
        It is completely removed now AFIK.
        It's gone from my view anyway.

Now if I could delete the images from My Profile/Media all the test images would be gone.
        None were very hi-res because 100kb max size & hi-res image would be an oxymoron.

If I can't remove or delete images from My Profile/Media myself could you do it ?
        There are no images I need there.
        Only ones taking up space from the total amount members are to be allowed.
        There may be a time I need the space for images.
        For example I'm trying to explain a problem I might be having.
        Since there is now a total limit I will seldom post an image when helping someone else.
        That's not what I would prefer to do .
        I have found sometimes an image explains better than what is written.

Even on this forum I've seen an image example used many times.

Comment

Pictures are fine and effective in some cases, but they really don't need to be hi-res here to make a point in posting and often aren't needed to answer a question. Also, if the same problem or question comes up again, we wind up re-storing the same image or one like it again; not very efficient. The limits will stay as they are for now; the staff will work towards providing guides or FAQs (here or on the DVDFab website), with illustrations where needed, that can be linked in a post repeatedly with very little server overhead and no need to be updated more than once as DVDFab evolves.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Last edited by 3dman7; 10-03-2017, 03:10 PM. Reason: Can't delete no delete button

Comment

Delete
              Last edited by cholla; 10-03-2017, 04:44 PM. Reason: Testing Delete function . Obviously not available .

Comment

Working...
              X