Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU DVD/BD Ripping don't use CUDA

Hi,

My dad and I are discovering this really great software to rip all of our BD/DVD collection but we encountered some problems.

The setup here is on Win 10 64 bits.

My dad owned an AMD R9 270X 4Go with last AMD driver installed.
    He installed last version of DVD fab (we bought the all bundle) and started to use it in Software mode (meaning 2-3h per DVD and 7 to 10h per BD) in x265
    Those DVD or BD were readen with optical drives

Then we discovered that Geforce Series 9xx and 10xx can hardware handle x265 and could decrease ripping time to around 10 to 20 minutes.

He bought a Palit GTX 1060 3GB.
    Uninstalled all AMD software.
    Installed last nVidia Driver at that time which was 21.21.13.7651 : 6.1 (only driver no CUDA toolkit yet). (+ Palit tool to Overclock)

He tried to define in Common Settings for every codec to use CUDA with Lightining-shark ticked.

He retried and the same poor performance were there (something like 7-10 fps)

Then we discovered that maybe we could install CUDA.
    We installed CUDA toolkit 8.0 + minor update (8.2 ?) --- Note : this is not usefull for DVD Fab, don't install it

Retried in x264 this time, performance were around 200 fps for a DVD (all structured present on a HDD this time) and round 60 fps for BD (from optical drive)

Retried in x265 and here its absolute poor performance, something like 30 fps maximum for both DVD or BD.

-----------------

We tried to ripp the exact same DVD with StaxRip (which is supposed to use NVENC/NVDEC like DVD fab is doing right ?) and in x265 we get 500fps.

We concluded that we actually got NVENC/NVDEC on the computer and StaxRip is finding and use them while dvdFab seems to stay in Software mode (not finding the libs?)

----------------

Does anyone have an idea how to "activate" CUDA for DVDFab ?

Regards,
    Christopher
    Last edited by Madieron; 08-17-2017, 10:03 AM.

The screen gives more details about the Graphics Card
    Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the worldwide DVDFab family. You may have a conflict with the nvidia driver or some other issue. All GPU settings are controlled by the setting on the AV Codec page, if you are able to select it there it should work with better performance than you are currently seeing. The DVDFab internal log has more information on the relationship between Fab and any installed GPUs, so please take the following steps: In Windows Explorer, please go to \Documents\DVDFab 10\Logs and delete the file dvdfab_internal.log. Then, restart DVDFab, select the Ripper module and load an optical disc in a drive and let it analyze. Select one of the conversion profiles you are trying to use, then press Start and let it run a few minutes. You can then cancel it and follow the steps linked in my sig below to attach the log session you just generated to a post.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

also see this thread here - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...support-status

Comment

Here is the logs and screen shot corresponding to the test you asked signals.

My dad also adds :

Optical drive is on external USB 2.0 wire

At 2% of the job he had only 6.42 FPS speed
          Attached Files

Comment

You can try copying the nvcuvenc.dll to the system32 and syswow64 folder. Thats what activated CUDA for me for Pavtube Bluray Ripper
            Attached Files

Comment

Will try this (and check if it was already there)
              Can you tell me if it's the lib use for "old" graphics cards (I read something that a lib was the elder of NVENC and has been decomissioned by Nvidia since 340.xx dirvers) ?

Comment

CHances are its not there.
                I can't tell you if the lib was used with old GPU's but what I can tell you is that it activated CUDA with my NVIDIA GTX770. Pavtube Bluray ripper recognised this and H264 conversions fly on the go

Comment

We added the .dll files in both System32 and SysWOW64 but we still got the same result.

Comment

After some investigation we found that StaxRip include a NVENC.exe application.

But we didn't find it in DVDFab10 folder, does it mean it's missing or it is supposed to be built in DVDFab (in some .dll maybe ?) or DVDFab is suppposed to find CUDA through some Environment variables ? (which in case may not be set ?)
                    Does anyone know the exact name of CUDA lib used by DVDFab 10 ?

I'm a software engineer so anyone, especially guys from DVDFab, have technical demands/tests please do shoot me !
                    Last edited by Madieron; 08-11-2017, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Any idea/update on this ?

Comment

I'm having the same issue,No Cuda Acceleration
                        MSI Gtx1070 8GB The nvidia drivers support x264.and x265 codecs
                        it was fine about a month ago
                        Thank you

Comment

Hello Bigcid10,

Your message seems very interesting.
                          Can you write down here which version of nvidia Drivers and DVD Fab you had when it worked ?
                          Maybe it's a update of nvidia Driver or Dvd Fab responsible for our problems.

Can you tell me also which OS are you using ?
                          Windows 7 or 10 ? 32 or 64 bits ?

I think 3dman has a GTX 1060 3GB also and is able to encode in x265 with CUDA, if you come by can you please give us your setup ? (OS/nVidia Driver version / DVD fab version)

The same question for anyone succeeding to encode in x265 with CUDA in DVD Fab !

Regards
                          Last edited by Madieron; 08-16-2017, 01:14 PM. Reason: New questions raised to help solving the problem

Comment

Their seems to be a glitch in Fab 1051 as when I looked at my codex's cuda was missing and so was dxva in the box with codex choices on the bottom and all soft wear was loaded in all choices even though its unchecked (use all software) I closed Fab and re opened it now cuda was loaded in all codex's as should be for my GTX 1060 3gb card but in the bottom box dxva was not in it and it should be as It's available on the card also.I closed fab again and reopened it and all is back to normal now.I don't think the driver is causing this it's the latest and is now working driver 22.21.138494.I believe this is a Fab problem that needs checking into.Hope this can help.Windows 10 latest version 64 bit I-7 computer.
                            Last edited by 3dman7; 08-16-2017, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Madieron: In your posted log file your using a old driver for your 1060 card
                              0m 01.81s: GPU check: Graphics info 1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB : 21.21.13.7651 : 6.1
                              The newest driver is 22.21.138494 :6.1
                              Note we use cuda version 6.1 not 8.2 that you talk about in post #1

Last edited by 3dman7; 08-16-2017, 06:24 PM. Reason: added last line

Comment

Working...
                              X