No announcement yet.

Ports used by DVDFab for downloading attachments in posts and other things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Ports used by DVDFab for downloading attachments in posts and other things

I have recently made several blocks with Windows Firewall.
    Most are related to "Remote Access" but some other areas as well.
    None are purposely set to block DVDFab forum.
    If I knew the port or ports this forum uses for downloading attachments I could allow DVDFab forum through.
    Or I believe I could.

This has also caused "Live Update" not to work for DVDFab software.
    I now get a completely white screen for the "Live Update" window.
    So I also need to know the port DVDFab uses for this.
    I haven't tested this for Passkey as I believe I have the latest official release installed.

I haven't tried a manual download & install.
    I already have 10.0.5.7 installed. I usually only install official releases & not betas.
    That is what I plan to keep doing.
    When version 10.0.5.8 has an official release I will try a manual install with it.
    Then post if this works.

I just found another problem.
    Using DVD Ripper . When finished the window in front of the DVDFab task Manager was all white.
    I had to hard close the DVDFab task manager with Window Task Manager.
    This also closed the DVDFab GUI.
    The conversion was complete & worked.
    Last edited by cholla; 09-10-2017, 01:54 PM. Reason: Added new information

There may be an issue with permissions (re: forum attachments), many of them did not make a good transition to the updated software, I can and will check this. As to the other problems, you should allow unrestricted web access for DVDfab.exe and Fabprocess.exe. You seem to be using some very aggressive settings.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

When I select an Image attachment it works as it should.
      I've tested by doing this with a couple of yours & another members.
      They go to the "fetch" URL fine in another Tab.

The problem is with .log & .txt file attachments .
      At least so far as I've tested.
      These used to allow me to download them.
      It would be a nice feature is they would just use the browser & I could read them there .
      I have gotten used to downloading the log & txt files but this isn't working now.
      This has to be the result of a port I have blocked.
      This forum has to be using a port for this type download .
      I just need to know which port or ports.

Yes I do use aggressive security.

Comment

I do not have the ports, they may have changed with the software upgrade. Rather than use layers of protection, I just make an image of my OS drive partitions once a week which allows a looser approach to internet access, but I do have the Malwarebytes and antivirus running with slightly relaxed settings. Try a log or txt file now and see if it works.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

@ signals ,The .txts & .log files in the forum will now download for me.
          So whatever you did fixed that.

I also keep a fairly new backup image of my OS.
          However I do use a layered defensive security.

For the DVDFab problem I tried letting DVDfab.exe and Fabprocess.exe have full input access & no change as far as the two white screens go.
          There were no outbound settings in Windows Advanced firewall for DVDFab.
          So I uninstalled DVDFab 10 .
          A good comeplete uninstall using CCleaner & some other cleaning.
          Then I will install a new fresh download from DVDFab I got this morning.
          Maybe that will reset what it needs in the Windows firewall.
          On my main desktop I have a net monitoring program but I don't on the computer I have DVDFab installed on.
          If the fresh install doesn't fix the problem I may see if I can install some kind of net monitoring program to find the ports I need to.

Comment

Be sure to run the installer As Administrator.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              Be sure to run the installer As Administrator.
              I always do.

The complete uninstall & reinstall fixed the problem.
              So something must have corrupted DVDFab.
              I don't know what since all I know that I did new was make the firewall settings.
              Anyway all is good now.

Comment

Working...
              X