No File Output!!!! AGAIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No File Output!!!! AGAIN!

This is EXTREMELY frustrating. logs attached.
    Attached Files

Hi,

We could not reproduce the problem with profile(MKV.H265.10bit), could you please try to use the profile comes with DVDFab rather than the profile(MKV.H265.10bit.Default) to try again?
    Also, do you have this problem with other movie source?

Please post the latest dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file as well.

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

outputted 1 episode of a show then failed on the next. used standard mkv.h265.10bit profile
      ill give it a shot with normal mkv.h265 10bit. my default is changed because i do 2 pass with high quality and exact copy the audio source. and this happens with movie isos and tv show isos. ripped using dvdfab
      Attached Files

Comment

Mobo - MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon (17 bios-latest)
        CPU - AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4Ghz all cores
        Cooler - EK Full Monoblock Custom Liquid Loop
        Memory - 4x8GB OCZ DDR4 3200 RGB
        GPU - MSI 1080Ti Lightning Z

Comment

seeing as I have a threadripper, im going to change from distributed memory access mode to local memory access mode. I'm running out of things to throw at this issue. I'd like to take advantage of my 16 core setup. and not just use my 6 core xeon setup
          well memory access mode @ local mode, cuts cpu utilization in exactly half. so not cool there

Comment

Originally posted by hoxlund View Post
            outputted 1 episode of a show then failed on the next. used standard mkv.h265.10bit profile
            Sorry you are having a difficulties with this. To help isolate the problem, please try copying the original disc with BD Copy mode and write it to a folder on your HDD. Check to see if all episodes are present and playable. If yes, try using this folder as a Source for the Ripper conversions and tell us the result.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

thats exactly what I'm doing. rip the disc with dvdfab to iso. stored on my HDD, then ripped to a different HDD

Comment

you would be a fool to encode straight from disc. that is WAY to much wear and tear on your optical drive laser, the iso plays fine with powerdvd. menus and all. i use it to play the disc back to get the correct episodes

Comment

doing the encoding at 1 pass normal and high quality produces a file no problem, use CUDA engine and episode finishes in a couple minutes. but output looks like garbage compared to 2pass high quality (cpu encoding). frankly even CRF 30 high quality looks worse then 1 pass. and rightly so. it produces a slightly smaller file which means lower bitrate. I need this to work using high quality 2 pass.

I did a full uninstall and delete of the dvdfab folders, redownloaded the latest 10.0.9.0 x64 and installed it. kept every single setting at default, except the quality settings of course for testing. its encoding @ 2 pass high quality right this second

so only thing i've touched it switching from default single pass to 2 pass high quality, and copy audio and also remux subtitles into file

Comment

nothing, it output single pass and CRF just fine but 2 pass, nothing. attached are logs. this is a brand new windows 10 LTSB install. very minimal software installed. latest threadripper chipset drivers installed. latest samsung nvme driver installed, latest geforce drivers installed (but shouldn't matter for 2 pass, as its cpu only)

I guess i get to uninstall samsung nvme drivers v.3.0

Comment

sorry if this is a repeast. don't know if i posted log files last post
                      Attached Files

Comment

and again same result with my laptop, no output. 2 pass. everything left default but high quality and copy audio and remux subtitles into file. log files attached and also screenshot of quality settings

laptop is Asus G752VL: https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic...pecifications/

but 64GB of ram, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro NVME m.2 for windows and 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for storage
                        Attached Files

Comment

laptop is not running samsung nvme driver, using the standard nvme driver that comes with windows

standard temp location from dvdfab installation. with output supposed to be going to samsung 850 evo drive, not windows drive.

I can't be the only one with this issue with 2pass encoding

Comment

Read my post, I asked you to try the original disc as an illuminative test, not as standard procedure. The developers will have to try to duplicate this. People sometimes have problems with 2-pass but I do not recall a flood of them recently.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

so you would like me to re-rip the disc to iso again? or rip from disc straight to encode?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X