Pls read if you use VPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pls read if you use VPN

I have no question but I wanted to share my experience. After updating DVDFAB twice lately, I ran into a problem where the software would not connect to DVDFab's servers. There was a link to click and get help to solve the problem. I followed the instructions, and checked the file to delete all dvdfab info. Well, there wasn't any. Then, I realized that my new paid subscription to NordVPN was running in the background. VPN users know that it hides the computer's IP address, and uses a different one! That was the reason DVDFAB servers would not let the software connect. I disabled NORDVPN, and launched DVDFab. It connected right away. There is probably a way to modify vpn to eliminate this issue. To me, disabling it when I am using DVDFab solves the problem. I hope my experience helps other users. cheers.

Thank you for sharing.

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

I have Nord VPN running always and can’’t reproduce what you report. Certain of Nord’s servers are on spam blacklists and certain of their IPs are blacklisted as well due to use by scum spammers. Suggest you open the Nord app and manually select a different server when this happens again. I have found occasional difficulties reaching certain websites which were corrected by changing Nord servers.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks Signals. I am curious now. I will try your suggestion next time. I use several browsers (brave,firefox,chrome) and never had any issue after installing nordvpn. I will report here what happens in the very near future.

Comment

Thanks, we have many users here on Nord, especially in the US and Europe.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Today I tried to launch dvdfab when Nordvpn was running in the background. It would not connect to the server. So, I disconnected vpn and picked a random server. Nordvpn servers have 4 digid codes and I have no idea which city or states they are at. ( I live in The States). That did not make any difference and dvdfab refused to connect. However, a second dvdfab window popped up and let me download and install the latest update. I again disconnected vpn and dvdfab connected to the server right away. The lesson is I need to remember to simply disable nordvpn before I launch dvdfab.

Comment

Originally posted by skoy View Post
              Today I tried to launch dvdfab when Nordvpn was running in the background. It would not connect to the server. So, I disconnected vpn and picked a random server. Nordvpn servers have 4 digid codes and I have no idea which city or states they are at. ( I live in The States). That did not make any difference and dvdfab refused to connect. However, a second dvdfab window popped up and let me download and install the latest update. I again disconnected vpn and dvdfab connected to the server right away. The lesson is I need to remember to simply disable nordvpn before I launch dvdfab.
              try the settings here in post #2 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...when-using-vpn

Comment

the same problem exists with surfshark vpn, even with the passthrough turned on. I just disconnect the vpn to access dvdfab servers

Comment

Thank u october262 and pacman taking your time to add.

Comment

ok. Followed october262's recommendation. Went to Nordvpn's settings, and turned "CyberSec" feature off. That solved the problem. Dvdfab connected to its server and the software was ready to use. I wonder if I keep it off (cybersec) all the time or turn it back on after I stop using dvdfab. That feature is supposed to keep my computer safe from malware, phishing, etc.

Comment

If you have other security software (like Malwarebytes) you do not need the Nord function. It is overly aggressive and they are not really experts in this. Nord annoyingly does not notify a user that it has blocked something. I keep it turned off in Nord as shown in my other post that you attributed to october262.

Nord as vpn: 5 stars
                      Nord as security: 1 star

Comment

Thanks Signals. I should've stated that I followed october262's suggestion to do what you recommended. . Cheers. (Yes I use several antispyware and a solid antivirus program. So, nordvpn's cybersec feature bites the dust!)

Comment

Yeah, It is well-intentioned but overly aggressive and no method I can find to add your own whitelist, which is easily done with MWB and most others.

Comment

Working...
                          X